First Day

Being up before the sun was one of my favorite things to do, watching the sunrise and the day begin was beautiful. especially when it was my first day at my dream job. I had been up for a while, sipping my tea while sitting outside in my balcony to hopefully calm my nerves down, I hadn't been nervous at all for this day but last night it all kicked in. Four years of hard work had finally paid off and I was more than ready but of course, there was a worry I had. What if I wasn't as good as I thought I would be? Shaking my head at my silly thoughts, I got up from the chair and opened the sliding door to enter my room, and set the cup of now cold tea down on my vanity table. I looked over at the hanger that held my outfit for the day.

The light grey dress was being saved for this very day, no matter how many times I was tempted to wear it

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The light grey dress was being saved for this very day, no matter how many times I was tempted to wear it. I slipped on the dress and then my tan heels before checking myself out and taking a 1st day of school selfie. I looked at the clock and saw that It was nearing 6 in the morning so I decided to go to the school early to make sure everything was set and ready for the students to arrive. I grabbed my teacher bag which was light but I'm sure as time passed the bag would get heavier. i grabbed my keys and my teacher ID and hung it around my neck and walked out the door.

The ride to the school was a short 10 minutes and soon I found myself walking through the door of my classroom admiring the decorations i had put up a few weeks ago. I wanted this place to be a safe and comfortable environment for my students so the decor and setup were homey but not to distracting to the point were it could be a learning distraction. I set my things down by my desk and walked over to my oil diffuser before going back to my desk and opening up my computer and checked my emails and made sure to reply to parents that had emailed me that morning.

I smiled at the screen while reading the wonderful messages. "Grayson is so excited for his first day, he was up bright and early and keeps saying that he cant wait to see his teacher!" attached to the email way a picture of a blonde boy holding up a thumbs up while his face was noticeably sticky with syrup, clearly enjoying his delicious breakfast. Checking the time, there was about 30 minutes before students started arriving so I picked up a stack of blank white paper and put one on each desk. The door opened and i turned around to see the principle walk in with a big grin on her face.

"Miss Downey, How exciting to see you, I hope you're having a great first day!" she told me as she looked around observing the room. "I love the decor, I know the children will love you"

"Mrs. Williamson, Hi" I greeted her. "Its very good to see you as well, I'm so excited for the day, i cant wait to finally match names to faces."

"Have you met your team? Mr. Holland?" she asked me as she took a seat on one of my students desks. I followed her actions and sat across from her. I made a small frown as I shook my head no before answering her.

"Sadly I have not, he sent me a quick email last night to officially welcome me to the team but i haven't met him in person."

"Well I think its a good idea for you to get acquainted with him sometime today. He's a great teacher, loves the children and they love him. It's his second year so he's still new to this but I'm sure that he'll be a great guide for you in the first few weeks. I'm sure you'll be the dream team of the school. Our preschoolers are so lucky to have you both." She smiled at me as she got up and made her way to the door. I thanked her before she walked out and I continued doing my morning tasks such as writing the date on the whiteboard and writing my name on the whiteboard. By the time I was finished it was 7:30 and I could see parents starting to make their way to classrooms. Some of the kids looked scared and other had tears, my heart broke at the sight of the scared faces. the firsts three students walked past my classroom and went into Mr. Hollands room.