Parent night

The days went by quickly and it was now Wednesday, parent night. All the parents were invited to they child's classroom to hear in more detail about the teachers class, for example, lessons, activities, field trips, and homework.

"Friends, remember to remind your parents about tonight, I'm so excited to see them, I hope I'll see your lovely faces here as well." I told my students as I dropped them off at the front gate with the cross walk lady. I received a few excited 'byes' from them as well as some sweet hugs. Just when I was about to leave, Tom came out with his kids and told them pretty much what I did.

"Mr. Holland, high five!" A kid yelled as he run up to Tom and he quickly lifted up his hand to meet the other small hand. "I'll see you later, Miles." He smiled at the child. I decided to walk over to him, we were definitely a dream team, we thought a like and we had similar teaching styles, but he thought I needed to work on my teacher voice since some of my kids were deciding not to do what I asked them to. He had me practice for a whole hour yesterday while the kids were in their Physical Education and Music class. It was hilarious.

"Mr. Holland, good afternoon," I approached him and walked with him to our classrooms. He looked at me and smiled.

"Rosalie, sorry we couldn't eat together today, I had a worried momma on the phone." He explained, him and I had made it a point to each lunch together I. Either his class or mine, we went over lesson plans and activities for the kids. That was our plan at least, we had only eaten lunch together twice.

"No worries, I spent the hour making copies for tonight." I told him as we stopped in front of my class. "Thankfully I got everything ready, I just need to head home and change."

"First parent night for you, are you nervous, darling?" He asked as he leaned on the wall.

"I'm actually not, and if I am, it really hasn't kicked in but ask me that minutes before it starts and I'm sure I'll be a mess." I told him and he chucked while running his hand through his hair.

"Well Miss Downey, I'm heading out too, so I'll walk you to your car?" He asked and I nodded before telling him that I was going to grab my keys and my purse.

Tom and I walked to our cars, that were parked right next to each other, we talked about our day. Before saying bye and going out separate ways. In about 10 minutes, I reached my house and ran inside, trying to make the most of my time. I jumped in the shower and mentally rehearsed what I would say to the parents. Slowly my thoughts went to the one and only, Tom Holland.

Why? I have no idea.

But the thought of him made me smile, his jokes and his laughs when I said something weird, and the way he called me darling, oh the way he called me darling was music to my ear, I could listen to it forever and I'd never get bored. I snapped out of it and shook my head at my thoughts.

I wrapped my towel around my body and started working on my makeup and hair while being cautious about time, 45 minutes was enough to get dressed and eat a quick snack, I figured. My hair and makeup were done in a short 15 minutes before I walked out and changed into my dress for the evening. Dress to impress, was always the point of my outfits. I always wanted to look professional.

 I always wanted to look professional