The Talk

Tom's POV

It was the Sunday before we went back to school and I had just fished setting a meeting with Mrs.Williamson. Friday morning after Rosie and I went to my parents, we decided we'd speak to her first thing Monday morning. I didn't see anything going wrong, she's a very understanding person.

I then start scheduling an email to go out to parents tomorrow morning. The week went by too fast but I was excited to go back, not as excited as Rosie though.

"I thought you were going to go over to Rosie's today." Harrison stated as he walked into the living room. He sat next to me and turned on the TV, a football game was on.

"She had dinner plans with her dad." I mumbled as I refocused on the email I was writing.

"It's only been a few months, she could still come back, are you sure you should be moving on so quick?" He asked standing up and going to the fridge grabbing two beers.

"If she came back, nothing would change. She made a choice and when she did I chose to move on."

"Tom you asked her to marry you, two months before you met Rosie. You're telling me there are no feelings for Kate left, they're completely gone?" Harrison asked.

I started to explain myself but he started talking again. "If there are, it's not fair to Rosie."

"Kate left me,  sitting on one knee." I started, "I'm over it, I moved on."

"Do you not think Rosalie deserves to know?" He asked.

"No, because it doesn't matter, it happened before I met her." I sighed. "Harrison please, just drop it. It doesn't matter." 

Harrison didn't say anything, instead he handed me a beer.

"She's really nice, Paddy really liked her." He spoke up after a while.

"I know, they basically teamed up against me the whole night." I laughed remembering the few jokes they pulled on me that Thursday.

-
Rosalie and I showed up to school two hours before school started and went straight to Mrs.Williamson's office. Before knocking on her door, I grabbed her wrist, stopping her from walking any further.

"We don't have to so this." I told her. She looked up at me and and she shook her head.

"No, I think we have to do it, I'm just nervous." She told me. At her words, I knocked on the door and immediately we were told to come in.

I twisted the door handle and opened the door, holding the door open for Rosie to go in first.

"Rosie, Tom!" she said looking over at us. "Are you two okay? I was confused when I read your email about wanting to meat with me." She motioned for us to sit down on the two chairs in front of her desk. After taking a seat I decided to speak up first.

"Rosie and I-" I paused not sure of how to continue, "We have been spending some time together, outside of work." I paused again and looked at Rosie, her eyes screamed that she was anxious and it took everything in me to stop myself from reaching out and holding her hand. when I looked back at Mrs. Williamson, she was smiling at us and nodded at me to continue.

"We wanted to talk to you before Rosalie and I become anything official-" I was cut off by Rosie sudden movement of her sitting on her chair straighter and learning forward slightly. She opened her mouth to speak but closed it as if she was't sure of her words. I gave her some more time, wanting give her an opportunity to express what she was feeling as well.

"Nothing has happened between us, we wanted to make sure that what we were doing was okay prior to going any further. I believe Tom and I are mature and responsible enough to have a relationship with each other while still having a successful working environment with each other. " she finished say. I smiled at her, feeling proud that although I knew she was nervous she was able to speak for us.