The teacher store

My phone and I quickly stopped it and laid in my bed for a minute just staring at the ceiling. It felt like I only got a few minutes of sleep and I was really tired but I forced my self out of bed and made my way to the kitchen to start the kettle for my tea and put in some bread on the toaster to make avocado toast. And while I waited I reached for my laptop and opened up my email. Surprisingly I had nothing to respond to and I smiled to myself as I realized I could spend my morning relaxing. I prepared my breakfast and went up to my balcony. The sun was starting to peak but it wasn't enough fully light up my street. After a few minutes of peaceful silence my phone starts ringing. I get up and go into my room and get it from my nightstand. I smile when I see the caller ID and my heart starts beating fast.

"Hey Tom, Good morning!" I greet him as I go sit back outside taking a sip of my tea.

"Miss Downey, how do you feel about an early trip to the teacher store?" he asked, I could hear him close his car door that he turned it on. . I furrowed my eyebrows before responding.

"Like now? Do you want to go now?" I asked and got up to go look for something to change into just in case  his answer was yes.

"Yeah, if you're up for it." he said. "I need a few things and it'll be fun if go together, What do you say?" 

"yes, of course, I'll meet you there." I told him as i held the phone between my ear and shoulder to look at a dress. 

"Sweet, darling, I'll see you there in 20?" 

"Perfect, see you then, bye!" I hung up on the phone before throwing the dress on and going into my bathroom to brush my teeth and put some mascara on. I only had time to do that if I wanted to get there in time. I slipped on my high-top white converse and looked at myself on the mirror while doing a half up half down hair do.  in about 15 minutes I was done and impressed, I don't think I've ever gotten ready that quick. Before leaving my room, I grabbed a white cardigan and put it on and made my way out to my car. The familiar nervous feeling was in my stomach, the butterflies were racing back and forth. It happened every time I knew I was going to be near Tom. The drive was very short, not long enough to collect myself. I parked next to his car, we were the only ones there besides about 5 more cars. I got of my car and jogged a little to get to him, to my surprise he grabbed my waist and pulled me in a little. I looked up at him and we stared at each other for a while. What are you thinking Tom Holland? I really want to know. I know what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about how much I want to kiss you but how wrong it would be. 

"well darling, aren't you gonna hug me me back." He chuckled.

"Well, darling," I mocked him and he gave me a smirk. "Since when do we greet each other with a hug."

Tom laughed and let go of my waist. "Hey, I thought it would be a cute gesture." He says as we make our way into the store. It seems to be like we're the only ones here which isn't shocking since it is about 6:45 in the morning. 

"So what do you need." I ask him as I grab a cart to put our things in. he looked back me and smirks. 

"To be honest love, I don't need anything, I just really wanted to hang out with you outside of work." He chuckled as i went up to me and shook his shoulders as he grabbed my elbows. 

"You jerk! You have no idea how comfortable I was at home, no emails, just me, a cup of tea and the sunrise." I yelled at him, He threw his head back and laughed, neither of realized that his hands were now on my waist and my arms around his neck, playing with the hairs meeting his neck. "All you had to say was 'Hey do you want to meet up before school today" I giggle but he doesn't respond. He just stares at me, I couldn't really read his expression but i knew what was coming. A kiss, and I was ready, I've been ready for this. His lips on mine is what I think about most of the time when I'm with him. I licked my lips as we continued to eye each other and my heart was starting to beat fast and the butterflies had turned into fireworks. He mimicked my actions as he licked his own and leaned in, just an inch. i started to lift myself on my tiptoes to meat him half way but he quickly dropped his arms from my waist and took a step back causing me to drop my arms from his neck. I gave him a confused look but it completely turned into embarrassment. Was I just getting the wrong signal. He looked down at the floor and I turned to the cart as the space between us was filled with silence. Kind of awkward. After a moment of both of us standing in the same position he finally came towards me, he looked down at me and melted at the sight of his beautiful eyes looking down at me. 

"I'm sorry, Love. I didn't mean to do that." he said and my heart broke a little. He didn't mean to do that? I was speechless, what does one even say when a person they really like tells them that they didn't mean to almost kiss you? Do I act cool about it or do I share my true emotions? Or I can just keep staring at him like a lost puppy. I didn't get to make a decision before his eyes widened and he put his hands on my elbows. 

"No, that came out wrong. When I do kiss you, I want it to be perfect and at the right time. Not in the middle of a store." His words were rushed almost as if he thought he was to late to explain himself. I giggled as I took a deep breath and looked at the floor than back at him.

"Okay, I can wait for that." I told him as the butterflies returned and the biggest smile appeared on my face. Oh my Goodness. He likes me too.

"Would you want t go get breakfast? We have more than an hour until we have to be at school." He asked as we walked t the front of the store to return our cart.

"See Tom, that's all you had to say instead of having me come to the teacher store." I laughed.

"Darling, I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd want to hang out with me if it wasn't even a little bit teacher related." he said as he leaned on his car. 

"Tom don't be ridiculous, I would go anywhere with you."

__

It was abut fifteen minutes before and Tom and I were heading to our cars to drive to school. We ended up staying at the restaurant longer than we expected. We had a lovely time, he told me about his family. I was jealous, He had such a perfect family, his brothers sounded amazing. He had three, all younger than him and it made me so sad that I never had any siblings. 

The day went by quickly, although some kids were starting to show their true colors, but its okay I still love them. I was packing up some things to get done at home even though i know it was not going to get done. 

"Do you need anything Rosalie?" I heard my favorite voice say. I turned around and saw Tom standing by the doorway.

"Hi! No, I'm okay right now." I smiled at him and walked over.

"Okay, well, I'm going to head out." He said. "are you staying here longer?"

"No, I'll be out in a little." I replied. He smiled at me and my checks turned a light shade of red, I could feel it.

"I had a lot of fun with you today, darling." he placed his hand on my hip, it was so natural to him even if he had just done it earlier today for the first time. "So did I." I replied.

"I'm glad, maybe we can go out another time, you could tell me about your family?" He asked to which I nodded. 

"Of course, I would love that." I squealed and that made him laugh.

"Alright, Miss Downey. I'll see you tomorrow. Get ready for my amazing performance tomorrow night." And with that he left.

I completely forgot that teacher night was tomorrow and now I was so excited.