twelve

not edited 😩💔‼️

"hinata! some guy stopped by and said to give this to you

"hinata! some guy stopped by and said to give this to you." bokuto announced, walking into the practice gym with a smile. hinata stood up from the floor after tying his shoes, taking the brown gift bag hesitantly. "don't worry, i checked to make sure it wasn't anything weird."

hinata thanked him, opening the bag and pulling out a book. 'SUNSHINE' was the title, and he didn't miss the author's name either not even caring enough to hide his shock.

hinata flipped it over, making sure to take it in. the ginger flipped it to the first page and smiled as he read it.

this book is dedicated to my sunshine, thank you for the best years of my life. i hope you achieved your dream, i'll be cheering you on from here! sorry about your popsicle, let me buy you a new one soon?

"y/n l/n? the guy you used to date?" atsumu asked, leaning over hinata's shoulder as he read the dedication page as well. "do you still talk to him?"

hinata shook his head silently, a small smile on his lips as he flipped to the first poem. he was glad y/n was able to finish his book. hinata vividly remembered the way y/n cried when he'd lost his journal filled with his poems, claiming it was a sign he shouldn't even become a writer—that it was a stupid dream.

even after some consolation y/n was set on giving up and tried to get back into football. when y/n finished his first year of college the two decided to break up, y/n claiming he was leaving to travel—every since then they hadn't talked. hinata didn't even have his current number (he found out the hard way after trying to text the number only to find out it was disconnected). hinata didn't mind though, he decided it was best for his focus to be on volleyball anyways.

that didn't mean hinata forgot him though, he often found himself searching the book stores in case y/n changed his mind, and he was right. the proof was in his hands and y/n didn't forget him either, he felt proud.

"hey, i can't go out with you guys this weekend."

atsumu smirked, pinching the gingers cheek. "he's going to see his boyfriend!"

hinata slapped his hand away. "he isn't my boyfriend anymore, i'm going to visit him as a friend."

"i thought you said you don't have his number?"

hinata looked back down at the book. "i don't."

that's how hinata shoyo found himself standing in front of the l/n house, knocking after about ten minutes of contemplation. the door was soon pulled open by y/n's father, who's eyes widened in surprise after seeing hinata.

"hinata?"

"ah, mr. l/n...h-hello?"

the older male cleared his throat, urging hinata to speak. "oh, right. is–"