ten

d/n— dads name
m/n— moms name

"you're acting very suspicious

"you're acting very suspicious." y/n's father announced as soon as he walked through the front door, y/n's mother following closely behind.

"i literally just opened the door for you." y/n laughed nervously, grabbing his parents coats and suitcases in both hands. his parents only squinted their eyes at y/n's retreating figure, sharing a knowing look.

the house was clean–something y/n usually refused to do and just waited until his parents returned–the table was set with various foods and they could hear y/n talking in his room. judging by the extra pair of shoes in the rack, they could only guess y/n was definitely not alone. "y/n!" his mother called out, laughing softly when y/n practically sprinted out of his room, barely catching himself from slipping.

"yes?"

she nodded towards the shoe rack, "is there something you want to tell us?"

y/n scratched the back of his neck, "yes...but no?" they three had a small stare off before y/n gave in. "okay, okay, j-just like sit at the table and i'll bring him." with that, y/n retreated back to his room and slamming the door. the two adults flinched when they heard a loud shriek before the door opened again.

the two adults walked towards the table hand in hand, "did he say 'him'?" d/n whispered to his wife, who hit him softly.

"don't assume." she scolded lightly, trying to keep herself from grabbing some food. it looked delicious, she seriously wondered how her son made all of this (y/n could barely work the toaster for goodness sake!).

"guys," y/n coughed, trying to get his parents attention. "this is hinata shoyo, my boyfriend."

hinata waved shyly, sitting across from y/n's parents. y/n plopped down in the seat next to him, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek.

"can we eat now? it looks delicious." his father asked, hands already reaching out to serve plates. he didn't even wait for y/n to answer and put some food on one of the plates, handing it to hinata with a small smile. "i'm glad you joined us today, i didn't expect to come home and find out y/n had a boyfriend but here we are."

m/n gave a small glare to her husband, who held his hands up. "i didn't mean it like that! i'm just surprised someone actually likes y/n."

"rude." y/n muttered, grabbing his plate of food from his father.

"y/n is really nice to me, and he comes to my games...and practices...he also helps me study and—" y/n covered hinata's mouth with his hand, the tips of his ears turning red in embarrassment.

"don't tell them that." y/n whispered, he didn't need his parents knowing these things.

m/n rose her brows, interested in the newfound information. "study? i never thought i'd hear the words study and y/n in the same sentence." she laughed out. "tell us more!"