eight

VIII. APPROVAL DINNER !

"how do i look?" y/n asked nervously, fiddling with the sleeves of his black button up

"how do i look?" y/n asked nervously, fiddling with the sleeves of his black button up. mamori looked up from y/n's manga and squealed, rushing over to to him excitedly.

"you look extremely handsome, can i...?" she motioned towards him, and y/n nodded. she rolled up his sleeves, then moved to unbutton the top button of the shirt. she backed away and hummed, reaching up to ruffle his hair a bit and stepped back with a proud smile. "now you look even more handsome. how do you feel?"

"nervous," he breathed out, he felt like his heart was going to jump out of his chest, "what is she doesn't like me?"

"impossible! you're great!"

"stop inflating my ego, i might end up embarrassing myself if i go in overconfident..." y/n chuckled, trying to ease his nerves as he glanced at the clock on his bedside table. "i should probably go now. thank you for coming over."

"no problem, y/n. call me whenever you need!" she smiled sweetly, walking out the house with y/n in tow. luckily she lived just down the street so y/n could watch from his driveway to make sure she got home safely.

after a little boost and encouraging words to himself, y/n started his walk to hinatas house. it felt as if he was walking for hours, but in reality it was like five minutes. y/n wasn't one to overthink, he knew that would only stress himself out but why was his brain feeding him different scenarios on what will happen at the dinner?

stop thinking negatively, you're going to end this dinner with a cute boyfriend. y/n nodded to himself with a smile, that's all he needed to to become determined, knocking on hinatas door happily.

"y/n! hello...come in." hinata greeted y/n with a shy smile, moving to the side so he can step inside. "my mom just finished making dinner and—"

"y/n!" natsu squealed as soon as she saw the male with hinata, jumping to try and hug him. y/n bent down and gave the child a quick hug.

"hi, natsu. it's nice to see you."

"shoyo said you're going to give him lots of kisses! is that true?" the girl asked with innocent eyes.

y/n felt his face burn, too embarrassed to look at hinata, "w-what?" he croaked, clearing his throat.

"i didn't say that!"

"but you said it in the mirror..." natsu said with confusion. hinata picked up his sister and ran away with her in his arms, placing her on the chair in the dinning room.

"she doesn't know what she's talking about!" hinata exclaimed as soon as he was back in front of y/n. he didn't let y/n speak, too embarrassed and dragged him into the table where his mom just finished putting the food down.

"thank you for having me, ms.hinata." y/n said with a smile before eating.

his mother smiled with a nod, shoyo glancing to y/n nervously. he was trying to figure out when he should bring up the boyfriend topic to his mom. as far as she knew y/n was just here as a friend.

"y/n, so you have any classes with shoyo?" his mother asked sweetly, placing her chopsticks down for a second to grab her drink instead.

y/n looked up from his food and shook his head, "i actually met him at practice."

"oh! you play volleyball aswell?" she asked with excited eyes.

"i actually play football, he was passing by the football field and we met." y/n explained.

aha, yeah i was passing by...totally not watching y/n from behind the stands or anything. shoyo thought, he could feel his cheeks heating up at the thought of y/n finding out the real reason he was there.

"oh, that's nice too! i'm glad shoyo finally brought a friend over."

y/n smiled, "i'm glad shoyo invited me as well."

natsu surprisingly didn't expose neither y/n or shoyo for anything they've said like she usually does, or maybe she was just distracted with her food.

"m-mom? can i ask you something?" shoyo asked, nervously fiddling with his hands under the table. okay shoyo, you can do it!

"of course, is there something wrong?" she asked with a worried face.

"um...well...i'm having a hard time getting this question out." shoyo said with an awkward laugh.

"shoyo wants to kiss y/n!" natsu said with a mouth full of food, it was still able to be deciphered despite having a full mouth.

y/n choked on his drink while shoyo tried to explain himself but it only came out as weird noises. his mother looked between the two with raised brows, as natsu just shoveled more food in her mouth innocently.

no, this is a chance!

shoyo nodded, "w-what natsu said," he couldn't find it in himself to look at y/n but he can guess the look on his face. "can i–can we, and by we i mean me and y-y/n...is it okay for us to be boyfriends...?"

shoyo's mother looked really surprised at the new information, but she also appreciated the fact her son took the initiative to ask permission when he could've easily just got with y/n behind her back.

"oh, well that's fine." she smiled at the two teens reassuringly to let them know she was being genuine. 

"really?!" shoyo said with obvious excitement, "it's really okay?!"

"yes, shoyo, it's okay." she laughed softly, her hand going up to cover her mouth at her sons excitement.

shoyo totally disregarded his food and turned to y/n, practically shaking with excitement, "ask me again!"

"w-what?" y/n said with wide eyes, leaning away a bit.

"ask me again! about the thing!"

the thing—oh! y/n looked to see his mom watching their interaction. does shoyo really want him to ask in front of them?

"do you want to be my boyfriend?" he asked shyly, shrinking under shoyo's and his mother's gaze.

"yes!" he said with a large smile, turning to finish eating as if they didn't confirm their relationship in front of his family.

shoyo practically shoved the rest of his food in his mouth before turning to y/n, eyes flickering to his empty plate. "thank you for the meal." y/n said kindly, "it was amazing."

shoyo looked to his mom, she nodded and waved them off, "it was nice having you, y/n. please come again soon."

"bye, ms.hinata, natsu." y/n said, letting shoyo drag him away from the table and to the front porch. why does it feel like shoyo is trying to get rid of me?

shoyo shuffled a bit, looking at y/n hopefully. when y/n still didn't get it he pointed to his cheek cutely.

oh! y/n leaned down to place a kiss on shoyo's cheek, "thank you for having me, shoyo."

"can we walk together to school tomorrow?" shoyo asked, rocking back and forth on his feet.

"yes, i'll come get you."

shoyo nodded with a smile, rushing forward to hug y/n tightly.

"bye, y/n.." he mumbled, reluctantly pulling away. y/n ruffled shoyo's hair before making his way back home, "see you tomorrow, y/n!"

y/n turned back to see shoyo waving at him wildly, jumping up and down as to make sure he was seen.

y/n shook his head with a laugh, waving back.

god, he's so cute.

NOTE .

yo it's been a while since i updated this story 😳😳