one

NOTE: WHEN I SAY FOOTBALL, I MEAN AMERICAN FOOTBALL NOT SOCCER!

I. HINATA HAS A CRUSH !

"why are we hiding behind the bleachers?"

hinata yelped, ducking down behind the bleachers so he was completely out of sight of the football field. the ginger turned to see tanaka and nishinoya, sitting next to each other as they looked at hinata in confusion.

"w-when did you guys get here?!"

the two second years didn't have a chance to answer when a football landed near them. then a feint i'll get it met their ears. hinata knew that voice, that voice was the exact reason he was there in the first place.

the two second years noticed the red tint that ghosted hinata's cheeks and shared a look—nishinoya grabbing the football and shoving it in the gingers chest. tanaka grabbed nishinoya's arm and pulled him around the corner, both peeking out to where they left the first year.

hinata clutched the football when y/n came into view, smiling when he saw the ginger with the ball, "oh, thanks."

though hinata hadn't let go of the ball. at that point, the first year was a stuttering, blushing mess. y/n smiled at me!

"uh, the ball...can i have it back?"

hinata jumped, tossing the ball to y/n quickly. "s-sorry!"

y/n shook his head, "don't worry about it, were you interested in joining the football team?"

hinata shook his head, "i-i was just p-passing by...." he lied, he couldn't have y/n know he was watching him practice! that would be creepy to him.

"a new member?!" another voice intervened excitedly, reaching his arms out to hug hinata. before he could, y/n stopped him, wrapping an arm around him.

"kurita, he's not joining the football club.."

kurita deflated, causing y/n to rub his back comfortingly, "hey, it's okay!"

y/n turned to the ginger who was still sat frozen on the floor, "i'm y/n l/n."

hinata already knows his name.

"s-shoyo hinata!"

"nice to meet you, we should be going now, if not, hiruma will send something to get us forcefully." y/n said, shivering at the thought of  cerberus possibly dragging him to an angry hiruma.

with that, y/n jogged off with kurita playfully shoving his teammate when kurita held the football above his head. hinata jumped when he saw another blond male throw multiple footballs at y/n—making him cower to the ground.

hinata felt as if he was going to pass out, letting himself fall face up on the ground.

a sudden laugh startled him, "hinata has a crush! hinata has a crush on l/n!"

"p-please lower your voice, l/n might hear!"

tanaka instantly stopped yelling, leaning towards hinata, "i'm telling sugawara."

hinata jumped from the floor, dashing after the two males as they threatened to tell the vice-captain of the volleyball team (they were obviously joking, they just wanted to tease the boy some more).

"p-please don't do that!"

they didn't.

y/n watched the three males run away with furrowed brows, they were interesting. because of y/n's following eyes, he was met with a football to the face.

"there's a weird look on your face...distraction maybe?"

y/n froze, turning to look at his friend, his very scary friend, "w-what? me, distracted? never!"

hiruma gave a creepy smile, raising his arm to throw another football, "then don't drop the ball."

y/n caught the ball easily, looking down at it in confusion, the toss was easy to catch—too easy. when he looked up hiruma had a machine, the blond standing next to it proudly.

"oh shit."

it was safe to say y/n was in for a long practice.

NOTE .

first chapter is up 👀. if you haven't noticed this is kinda an eyeshield 21 x haikyuu crossover! i was reorganizing my shelf and saw my eyeshield21 manga and was like 👀

edit: i'm feeling really good right now, maybe because i'm tired as hell but i'm dropping this one too 😼