three

III. SORE BODY !

"i don't like it

"i don't like it. i don't like it. i don't like it. i can't watch—what's happening?!"

hinata covered his eyes after he saw y/n get tackled to the ground by someone bigger than him, the football clutched in his arms so it doesn't roll away. If he'd let go of the ball than the other team would immediately be able to get as the rest of his team where on the other side of the field (and also hiruma might literally kill him if the ball went to the other team because he couldn't keep hold of it).

the sound of plastic clashing against each other made hinata flinch and peek through his fingers. he watched at y/n was helped up by one of the shorter players on the team, patting his back when he walked away.

"this...this is so dangerous! l/n could get seriously hurt!" hinata worried with wide eyes, his hands falling from his face and clutching on to kageyama's arm.

"he has shoulder pads...he's fine." daichi mused, ruffling the gingers hair adoringly.

"but—" hinata jumped when he heard another clash, noticing y/n got tackled by two players this time, "w-why do they keep going after him?! what did he do wrong? i can't watch this no more!"

despite his words, hinata kept his focus on y/n the whole time. hinata cheered (mainly because he saw everyone else cheering) when he saw y/n run towards the end of the field, holding the ball up in the air. "his own teammate just kicked him in the back?!" he exclaimed when y/n was kicked in the back by hiruma.

y/n scanned the crowd, shocked to find the entire volleyball team sitting in their section. he waved at them nonetheless.

"he waved at me!"

"he waved at all of us, idiot." tsukishima muttered, pushing up his glasses as he watched the game slowly go on. even the blond male was a little intrigued in the game before him.

hinata slumped in his seat, a pout present on his face.

"tsukishima, be nice." sugawara scolded, rubbing hinata's back comfortingly.

"go, l/n!!!!" nishinoya and tanaka yelled in sync, jumping from their seats when y/n ran with the ball, swiftly passing it to monta before he was tackled. the play went on with sena speeding to the opponents end zone.

the rest of the game went by quickly, hinata had gotten used to all the tackling—minus the times y/n got tackled, most likely because of his crush on the male. hinata has always been about volleyball, but seeing y/n play football was interesting to him and he was definitely going to be coming to another game (again, that's probably because of his crush, but that's besides the point).

"hinata!" y/n called out, a large smile playing on his face, "you guys came to our game?"

hinata nodded, "i—," hinata cleared his throat, "we wanted to see you play since you've seen us!" he saved himself quickly.

y/n smiled gratefully as he looked at the team, "thank you guys, i hope it you enjoyed it."

"a-are you hurt, l/n?" hinata asked with big eyes, looking over y/n's body for any signs of pain. he couldn't imagine himself playing football, he shivered at the mere thought of being tackled by people ten times bigger than him.

y/n laughed at the ginger, reaching down to grab his hand, tapping it on his chest, "no injuries here, the most i'll have is a sore body today."

hinata blushed at their hand contact, his gaze never leaving his hand that resides on y/n's chest, y/n's hand still laying over the shorters.

"do you and l/n need a room or...." tanaka trailed off with a smirk, the rest of the volleyball team snickering at hinata's face—which erupted in a deep shade of red. hinata yanked his hand away and covered his face in embarrassment.

y/n on the other hand didn't pay any mind to the teasing, "you guys can just call me y/n."

"y/n!" sena called out, now in his normal clothes since he still had to pretend to be the manager, "are you going to walk home with me today?"

y/n hummed, "yeah, let me change first...just wait for me." he then turned to the team, "thank you guys for coming, i appreciate it...also, have you ever thought of joining the football team, asahi?"

asahi paled at the question, shaking his head wildly.

y/n laughed, "well then, i'll see you guys around? invite me to your next game!"

once y/n was out of sight, hinata let his body fall to the floor with a thud. he held his hand up, "we were practically holding hands!"

"hinata is so weird when he has a crush."

NOTE .

don't roast me if i got something wrong with football...i only played for one year in 8th grade  😔🖐 i'm also using google for my rusty ass brain that forgot some terms...👁👄👁