five

V. CUTE FRIEND !

"no, no, no, you have to hold it like this," y/n chuckled out, moving to help hinata hold the football properly

"no, no, no, you have to hold it like this," y/n chuckled out, moving to help hinata hold the football properly. "the whole point of this is so nobody can just take it from you, it's not only embarrassing when that happens but it doesn't feel good either."

"it feels weird." hinata said with a small laugh.

"that's given, you play volleyball, your not used to holding it so that's fine." y/n said with a smile.

it was lunch and usually hinata would probably be practicing receives or something but he had bumped into y/n along the way—literally—and y/n had asked if hinata wanted to join him on the field.

"you play...wider receiver, right?" hinata asked quietly, catching the football and clutching it to his chest like y/n had taught him.

y/n looked at him in surprise, "i do! do you watch football?"

hinata shook his head shyly, "i....i looked it up online...it was hard to find out your exact position so i just watched videos and tried to imagine....who you....were..." hinata flushed when he noticed y/n staring at him with an amused look.

"you could've just asked me." he teased, opening his hands, motioning for hinata to throw the ball back to him. "but if it makes you feel better i did the same thing." y/n smiled, stepping sideways to catch the ball (hinata was still learning to properly throw it so it was a little wobbly).

"you did?!"

y/n hummed, motioning for hinata to come stand by him, "try holding it like this when you throw." y/n held the football between him and showed him how to properly hold it.

hinata nodded, grabbing the ball and....wait, maybe if he...."here." hinata tried to suppress his smile when y/n moved his hands to the correct position, his hands lingering for a second before he pulled away with a smile. "perfect....kind of."

y/n noticed some people walking passed the field, realizing lunch is going to be over soon. "we should get going," y/n announced, taking the ball back from hinata's hands softly. "but hey, maybe next time you can teach me to play volleyball."

hinata nodded in excitement. he couldn't wait to show off his skills in front of y/n.

y/n was exhausted, he ran what felt like a million laps and had to jump around and catch countless of footballs—luckily he had monta to bear his pain with.

y/n honestly wanted to just sleep and never wake up again, but the intensive training wasn't surprising as the christmas bowl was getting closer and closer to their reach. with a full team they can finally go somewhere, all they needed was their kicker.

y/n let out a sigh, his body feeling like shit each time he took a step, he couldn't wait to take a much needed shower and sleep. that was until he noticed a small person sat on the sidewalk, arms curled around their legs as they let out soft cries.

one thing that caught his attention was the bright orange hair, "hey...are you okay?"

the person looked up, revealing a child's face that looked weirdly familiar, "hi, sweetie, why are you crying?"

y/n asked, taking hesitant steps towards the child, not wanting to scare her away. he sat a couple feet away from her, "are you lost?"

she nodded her head, her eyes welling up with tears once more. "can i get closer?" she nodded once again, letting y/n scoot closer to her. y/n gasped, noticing the scrapes on her knees, "oh, did you fall?"

y/n pulled his bag over his shoulder and placed it i front of him, rummaging through it, "found it." he pulled out a small first aid, pulling out wipes, ointment and two band aids. he moved to sit in front of her and motioned to her knee, "can i?"

she hesitated, looking around the street for her family but when she saw nobody she nodded. "it's going to sting a bit, but you're going to be all better afterwards okay?"

y/n immediately got to work, wiping off the blood and applying the ointment then the bandaids, "sometimes i get hurt so i have to carry this around." he said when he was finished, placing the stuff back in his bag and sitting besides her again.

"you know, you look like my cute friend hinata."

"shoyo?!" the girl spoke for the first time, tears in her eyes.

"shoyo...you know him?"

she nodded her head, "he's my brother!"

"ah, no wonder you look like him. i'm his friend, y/n l/n. how about we go and find your mom, i'm sure she's looking for you."

the small girl nodded, standing up and grabbing y/n's hand, warming his heart to no end. the two walked down the street, y/n keeping an eye out for anyone who looked like they lost a child. y/n made sure to glare at anyone who dared to looked at the child next to him.

then: "shoyo!"

y/n looked to where the child was pointing, hinata was on his bike alongside kageyama. y/n scooped the younger hinata in his arms and jogged towards the volleyball players who seemed to just get out of practice. "hinata!"

"y-y/n?"

y/n put down the child, she immediately jumped into hinata's arms. "natsu? what are you doing with y/n?"

"she was lost, she scraped her knees somehow but don't worry, she's all bandaged up."

"shoyo! y/n said you're his cute friend, is that true?" natsu asked innocently, not realizing what she said just about sent hinata into cardiac arrest.

"c-cute?!" however, he composed himself, he couldn't embarrass himself in front of his teammate, "yes, y/n is my friend, you're lucky he found you before anyone else did. don't run off like that okay?"

natsu nodded and held on to her brothers hand tightly, "thank you for watching her, y/n..."

"would you like me to walk you guys home?" he asked worriedly, taking note of the darkening sky. kageyama shared a look with hinata, the black haired male saying a quick goodbye and tuning the opposite direction.

"i-if you want, but our house is just the street over..."

y/n's eyes lit up, "really? my house is just over there." he said, pointing down the road. "wow we live pretty close to each other, it must be fate." he joked.

hinata knew this already, not that he was a stalker or anything, but he'd see y/n sometimes walk towards his home when he was walking home himself.

"yeah..."

a yawn gathered their attention, natsu drowsily leaning against hinata. "do you want me to hold your bike for you?"

hinata nodded, picking up his sister and letting y/n walk alongside him with his bike. the walk was quiet as they didn't want to wake natsu, all the crying must've gotten to her.

hinata's mother ran out the door when she noticed her children in front of the house, he eyes were puffy as if she'd been crying. she embraced her daughter tightly.

"you found her!" she cried out, pulling hinata into a hug as well.

"a-actually y/n found her, he's my friend."

the woman then looked to y/n with a grateful smile, "thank you!"

y/n blushed, "no problem." he looked up at the sky, "i should leave now, i'll see you tomorrow?"

hinata nodded, whispering a goodnight to y/n as he dashed down the street, y/n no longer felt as exhausted as he did a while ago.

NOTE .

hinata is cute you say 🙈