Chapter 40: Broken Promises ✔️

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT to keep the story going!

Vote. Comment. Share. 🌹
____________

Jacqueline Pov

Out of all days he chose to come today. Out of all days he comes to visit, me. Like why today? There's no way I think that the universe desperately wanted them. My brother, Tony, and Linda. To be in the same room just for the heck of it.

Now's was not the time. I've just found out the sickest twisted messed up act my brother tried to do to in the past to someone. Attempt Rape or other names they have in the dictionary for what he had in mind to do to her.

Anything that can shatter a boy or girl childhood dreams or worse change them in the worse way. It's just wrong. Period.

He tried to do that to my best friend! Like why? Why her? She's like a sister to me. She didn't deserve to go through that...now, I know that he was a pre-young adult year, back then. Just getting off the teenage stages. He was curious. He wanted to experience things.

Still, that doesn't give him the right to do that! Heck, he doesn't get the right to do that to anybody! You just don't go around trying to do experiments on someone's best friend.

That's just twisted.

Most of all what mosquito bit him so that he can show his face here. At this time.

Nobody else knows about the incident but Joseph, Andrew, Linda, and I.

If she had told more people about it. Then...no, that's not the Linda I know it takes her time to fully open up to people. It's still up to her to do whatever she decides to do. I'll have to go against my brother on this. And support her.

Because I will not be sided with my brother dumb decisions. I'm a woman, too. God forbid that I go through that too. What happened to Linda could've happened to me. That could've been me...

Linda Pov

How? Why was he here?!

Finally, I've gotten my life on track. My marriage was back on track.

Oh God, why do you want me to feel this. To go through this, again. I've buried my pain for a very long time that it no longer bothered me.

My heart didn't want to reopen those past wounds that nearly broke me.

Gazing at my best friend. I didn't want to believe that she was behind this. She was among of the few that I trusted. I wanted it to remain that way.

"Please, please, tell me that you had nothing to do with this, Jacqueline?" I pointed at the man.

"You gotta believe me. I didn't have anything to do with this." Jacqueline replied. Her husband, Joseph came to the scene. Feeling the tension in the room. His eyes went directly to who was behind the problem. Tony.

He sighed.

"You need to leave," Joseph says in a firm tone.

"What? My brother in law kicking me out too?" He replied.

"Tony, Tony, Tony.." I felt my husband's tone boiled with rage.

With Joseph stating the name of the man that almost destroyed my youth. My husband now knows that this is the Tony. Battling with my own fears. I..I wasn't aware that my husband was still clueless and didn't know that this was the man that ruined me.

"Oh, pretty boy thinks he can take me?" He laughs.

Andrew Pov

I want more than anything to wipe that smug off his face. With my fist.