Chapter 4: Mr. Henderson ✔

New chapter alert, enjoy!

Vote. Comment. Share.🌹
_____________________

(Revised)

Linda Pov

I cannot believe he said that I said to me. What the heck was that about?

Why me? Why does he want to marry me?

I mean.. I barely know the man, yet he wants me to marry him.

Oh, shoot!

My mind remembers that I'd forgot to ask him, about where he had gotten the idea to wed.

"Wake up, mom." I shook her lightly when I arrived home. "There's something I have to tell you."

She finally wakes up. "What is it, sweetie?"

I breathed in and then out.

Here goes nothing.

"Mr. Henderson fired me. " I declared fastly, hoping that she didn't understand what I stated.

Her eyes widen.

"What? Why? You know we need the money. And why did you get fired?!" she asked a million questions that I didn't have a single solution for.

I frowned, relax mom. It's only part one.

I haven't even told her the shocking part yet.

"He wants me to marry him, instead," I said closing eyes as I waited for her response.

Her response was not what I had expected.

"Oh! I knew that man had a thing for you." she cheered happily.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm pretty sure it's nothing but business."

It has to be.

"I've prayed to God that he could open a door for us. It may not be what we've expected, but we needed this miracle for your father, don't you see? "It's time for that miracle.!" she explained.

"So you want to go through with this, huh?" I asked her one last time. Suddenly my phone buzzed from none other than Mr. Henderson. We had exchanged numbers years ago in the case of emergencies.

I guess whatever reason he decided to contact me at this time must be imperative.

I showed my mom, and she started singing wedding songs. I read the text as she sang away.

From: << Andrew Henderson>>

In case you change your mind. Moultrie courthouse Washington DC. See you there.

-- Mr. Henderson

I summoned up the courage to reply.

Okay, see you tomorrow

Surprisingly fast he responded.

From: << Mr. Henderson>>

- Goodnight...

>>>>>

I stared at the text one last time.

Oh Lord, what I have I gotten myself into now.

Doing my nightly prayer put me at ease as I drift off to sleep.

___________

A/N: Hope that I made everyone happy by updating two chapters in one day!! I'm drained now; please make sure to VOTE and leave feedbacks again thank you so much for the support.

God bless. 🙏

Vote. Comment. Share.🌹