Chapter 30: Grandmother's Request ✔️

Vote. Comment. Share. 🌹
__________________

Linda Pov

We've had just arrived to Andrew's family place. And there are already problems. Who's better to start them other than grandmother, Martha.

I see that you are not with a child yet.

Her words played repeatedly in my thoughts.

Then I remember the very same scenario. When I came to visit my husband family.

Oh, it was a disaster.

Grandmother, Martha believed that Andrew should've not ended up with someone like me cause of the color of my skin. And that my husband was better off with his old flames, Emma.

Needless to say, at least now she didn't dislike me as she used too.

Or I could be wrong about that...

This grandmother Martha was talking about. She is like mother nature never when her moods will switch up.

Oddly she was anxious for Andrew and I to bear her grandchildren. How am I supposed to bear her future grandkids when she dis

"Well...we...we." once again I was lost for words to say.

I smoothed the spot where she poked my stomach to ease the ache.

Andrew and I haven't really thought about having children yet since we've gotten back from our honeymoon. It's not that I'm against having kids.

But can we at least we deserve a bit of a breather before we start popping babies.

I felt two strong arms wrapped my waist.

"We're working on it." says my husband.

Lies.

Well not technically a lie. We're working on somethings. But not children at the moment.

"We'll see how it goes," I answered in the best of my ability.

Andrew's grandmother eyed me up and down.

Oh, gosh was that not a good respond?!

"Or I could be pregnant now?! you never know, right."

I laughed nervously gazing at my husband who had a surprised look on his face.

I sighed.

Things you do to please your grandmother in law.

Andrew removes his arms from my body for a second and spoke to his relative. "If we're going to have a baby. I'm sure you will be the first to know."

He gives his grandmother who continues to mutters words in a low tone a tight hug to put her at ease.

"Martha, you're forgetting that it took us a whole lot of trying to have his father?"

Grandpa Paul points at my husband then at Andrew's father who was in the living room highly entertained by the football game.

Grandpa paul wife looks at him shocked my his statement. Before she could utter another word.

Then my favorite sisters' in-laws came to my rescue.

"Sorry for the interruption, but we need to borrow her." they snatched me off from the group and led me straight to the kitchen where no men were in sight.

My sister in law Jennifer looked suspiciously with that wide grin on her face.

I felt my cheeks flushed. Oh no, I know exactly what she's going to ask.