Part 19

Waking up in the hotel was easier this time because everyone was on time even if I still wouldn't be the one to wake up anyone not after me trying to wake up sensei and failing horribly. Our walk back to the leaf was not as eventful as our walk to the sand but we got home non the less. When we got back to the leaf we went straight to the hokage to deliver our mission report. We waited outside his office for the come in and when we got on we headed straight in.

"Ah team 10 how was your c-rank mission" "we delivered the document lord 3rd and as for the trip well let's just say we weren't bored" "rogues" "no sir we found a kidnapped girl and escorted her back to the sand" he nods "well you have the rest of the day off but tomorrow you will all be back on d-rank mission" we all nod and bow and leave his office.

"Well team that was a good first mission there was a few bumps but we got our missions accomplished so take this time to relax and I'll see you all tomorrow at 8am" and with that he disappears "man I'm starving" choji your always starving but I could eat as well ino y/n wanna get ichiraku with us" ino said she had to tell her parents she back. The rest of us head to ichirakus. When we get there we see Naruto's team as well as my brother and hinata. "Kiba!" He turned around so fast he knocked over his bowl "y/n your home" he runs and tackles me in a hug while Akamaru and Suiren play/talk on the floor. "Yep I'm home and hungry so can you get off me" "sorry" and he lets me up and I take a seat between Kiba and Shikamaru. We order our food and Kiba asks me about our mission "well" I stay but I get elbowed by Shikamaru knowing exactly what he wants. "First kiba I need to tell you I passed out on the mission" once the words leave my mouth he's standing up holding Shikamaru collar. I get in between them so my back is pressed against Shikamaru's chest and my hand on kibas "kiba let me finish I passed out when I was with ino Shikamaru was no where near me" he lets go of Shikamaru but is still standing up "well he's on your team so it makes he partially responsible" I laugh a little "actually kiba Shikamaru was the one who took care of me when I was unconscious" I say with a light blush. "Your food is here" 'thank goodness for that' kiba sits back down and starts to eat his food. I turn to look at Shikamaru sorry he didn't let me finish" "whata drag it's fine at least he knows now" nodding I sit down as well and start to eat my food.

we all left ichirakus and headed separate ways to all of our houses. "see you both and 8 tomorrow" I call out to my teammates as me and Kiba head to our house. "Did you flirt with Shikamaru" kiba says out of nowhere "what do you mean" I ask very confused "it's just that when you to are around each other it seams i don't know different now" I shrug my shoulders not knowing how to respond to that but that's not good enough for him apparently he stops and turns to me "do you like Shikamaru y/n" I stop and look at him as well. "Listen kiba I don't know what you want me to say-" "say the truth" he said sternly "kiba look-" "so you do like him y/n what did I tell you about liking my friends" I start to get angry now "listen here kiba I can like whoever i don't care  if he's your friend even though I haven't done anything about liking him because he was your friend but I don't care anymore stop trying to tell me what to do you maybe a little older but I can still beat your ass and I won't have a scratch on me got it" I say looking into his eyes. He looked scared or taken back maybe both but right now I don't care and I started to walk home again but on my own this time.

Kibas POV
"listen here kiba I can like whoever i don't care  if he's your friend even though I haven't done anything about liking him because he was your friend but I don't care anymore stop trying to tell me what to do you maybe a little older but I can still beat your ass and I won't have a scratch on me got it" she stares dead into my eyes then walked away. 'What the fuck just happened' as she turns the corner of the street I make my way to a different household.

Knocking on the door I wait for someone to answer, a minute has gone by and it finally opens "oh kiba I wasn't expecting you" I scratch the back of my head "yea sorry I was looking for Shikamaru" she nods and points up the stairs so I know he's in his room. As I make my way to his  room I contemplate what I should do but it just goes back to the same default choice. I open the door and see Shikamaru pulling out his shogun board but stops when he hears his door open. "Mom I'll be down in a- oh kiba  what are you doing here" I grab him by the collar and pin him to the wall "stay the hell away from my sister if I can't keep here from you I'll keep you from her" "and who's to say I'll just listen kiba" "damnit Shikamaru stay the hell away from her got it" I take him off the wall to just hit him back against it. As I'm leaving his room he speaks again "kiba I don't care what you say I'm never going to stay away from her she is troublesome but I'm going to protect her no matter what" I turn my head a little to look at him "even if it cost your life" he doesn't even take a second to answer "even if it cost my life I will protect her I think I love her kiba" he says the last part very quietly I could just barely hear even with my ears. I don't reply I just leave the house and head back to mine.

1116 words