Part 25

The next morning I got out over bed and started getting ready. Just as I'm about to leave I get stopped "where are you going out this shika" kiba say "no actually I'm going to talk to lord third about my training for the chuunin exams you know the one you failed" after waiting a moment for his reply and not getting one I head out the door with Suiren by my side.

At the hokage tower waiting for permission to come in finally comes. "Good morning young inuzuka how can I help you" standing in front of lord thirds rest "well lord third I was wondering if for my training for the final of the exams I can go to the land of sea to work on my water chakra" thinking for a moment

"I see very well you may go but" he starts writing something on a scroll and hands it to me "that is the name and address of an old friend he is a strong shinobi that has retired but he had very strong water chakra you can leave at the end of the day but you must be back at least 5 days before the exams"

"Yes lord third and thank you for this" I say holding the scroll and walking out of the hokage tower to tell my family and team.

Getting to my family's animal clinic I walk in and see Hana "hey little sis what you doing here is Suiren ok" "yea she's ok I sent her to the house so she's waiting for me is mom here" she nods and calls out "mom y/n is here"

Coming from around the corner "what is it y/n is Suiren ok" "yes yes she fine I just came to inform you that I will be leaving at the end of the day and I'll be back 5 days before the exams" "ok where are you going" "the land of sea to work on my water chakra lord third even gave me the name and address of his old friend that could help train me" "we'll be safe we would see you off but we have a lot of work here" nodding and heading to the door "bye love you see you when I get back" calling out as I leave.

"No to find my team" heading to the training field. We are usually at Ino choji and asuma sensei are there but no Shikamaru. "Hey y/n what are you doing here" called out sensei and the other two seemed to stop what they were doing at turning to me "I can to said bye I'm leaving to dead and won't be back till before the exams" "ok have fun but remember you can't replace me as your favorite sensei ok". Nodding at letting out a small laugh "yea whatever you say sensei but I have to go and say bye to shika and pack do you know where he is" "probably at his house choji tried to get him earlier but he was busy" "thanks" and with that I headed to the nara compound.

Knocking on the clans head house waiting for someone to open the door. After a few minutes mrs. Nara answers "oh hello y/n and you looking for Shikamaru" "yes is he here" "SHIKAMARU GET DOWN HERE Y/ N IS HERE" she yells up the stairs. Rubbing his eyes and coming down the stairs is my favorite nara as mrs.nara goes back to the living room.

"So that's what you were busy with sleeping" "huh how did you-" " don't worry about it but I came to let you know I'm leaving soon I just need to back and I'll be going to the land of sea" his face drops "your really going?" He says sounding very disappointed "Shikamaru I'll be ok and I'll be back before you know it. I got to train hard so I can beat you in the exams" "yea but you don't have to go to train" he mumbled just barely I was able to catch it.

I step closer to him and pull him into a hug which he tenses at first but soon relaxes into and gives me back. "It's going to be a drag without you here be safe and make sure to come back for me please" pulling away slightly but still with my arms and his around me "I'll be fine and when I get back we can hang out and get dumplings and go to our tree and cloud gaze" nodding his head "alright goodbye shi-" I get cut off by his lips suddenly on mine it takes me a second but soon kisses him back. Pulling away with both are cheeks bright red

"Y-yeah bye y-y/n" "bye shika" with that he closes the door and I'm left with my heart thumping super loud in my chest and I walk home thinking about what has just occurred.

Getting to the house I packed what I need for the journey and my wallet for when I'm in town and a few of Suiren things because I will be bringing her to also work on our jutsus. Getting to the door and Kiba comes out of the kitchen "where you going" "training remember" "yea but I thought you were training here" "nope I'm leaving now actually I'm going to the land of sea I'll be back before the exams" I go and hug him which I guess he was surprised by because he tensed. "Bye kiba" I say and head back to the door "bye y/n be safe k" chuckling "k"

With that I headed to the gate to start my journey to the land of sea to hopefully find my new sensei.