The Vampiress

Female! vampire X gn! reader

The abandoned looking home gave off an eerie vibe; one you wouldn't have dared to come near if it wasn't for the address. Knocking, you awaited to hear footsteps, and to be invited in.

A long silence followed your knocks, the sound echoing.
Whilst waiting, you admired the gold knocking handles, decorated with carved lion heads in the middle. It would have looked tacky if not for the gold lining the rest of the door. Though, time proved to be harsh as the wooden door appeared to corrode.

Several minutes passed, no soul opening from the other side.

"Well.. this looks right." You comment aloud, looking down at the scrap of paper and ink. It messily read '24th vineview lane 2398', the address which you now stood in front of. It was strange; the home decorated with overgrown vines and greenery, obviously having been abandoned from care.

Knocking once more, you gave a frustrated sigh. In your peripheral vision, a window curtain moved slightly. Glancing over at the movement seemed to catch the being off guard, as they moved as soon as you turned.

You were about to turn away from the door with your things until the entrance opened with a ringing creak.

A woman adorned in black and muted red answered the door. She was dressed much more richly compared to yourself; no surprise, as the house appeared to be on the wealthy side as well. Certainly no peasant could afford this.

"Uh, hello?"
"Hello." She responded firmly. Her eyes traveled from the top of your head, to the tip of your ragged shoes. The way her mahogany colored eyes studied you was slightly frightening. It was like she was making note of all your sinful deeds and mishaps. Her body was slightly hidden behind the door, giving an illusion of mystery.
"Are you.." you scrambled around for the note containing the desired information, "Miss Colleen?" You question her, taking note of her much taller stature.
"No. Colleen has left for... personal reasons."

Naming her servants so casually surprised you.
"Oh.. I see. Will she be coming back any time soon?" You really didn't want to be the only person here alone with this woman.

From the letter Colleen supposedly wrote you, she was the only other servant in this woman's home.

"I'm afraid not. She will not be returning here any longer. Are you the new housekeeper, (Y/n), I suppose?"

You sucked in air through your teeth. The way your name traveled off her lips so coldly was nerve wracking. The woman's sharp teeth gleamed at you from the setting sun.
Such unusual teeth.
"Yes that's correct. I wrote to Colleen, well, I tried to, to let her know that i was on my way. Were you made aware of my upcoming arrival?"

The woman looked hard in thought, her eyes then darting around the front garden and unlocked gate you entered through.

"Yes I was.. though I believe you said you were coming earlier.." she disappointedly pointed out.

"Yes, my form of transportation was rather.. tricky." Your mind was brought back to the middle aged man who argued with you over carriage prices.
The damned man wouldnt allow you to ride unless paying DOUBLE the price. That was not going to happen.

"Well, all that matters is you're here now." she smiled, adjusting the dress that appeared to slip downward. It was clear this woman was not taking care of herself properly; the dark red corset that she adorned was laced incorrectly, the garments she wore were too loose, and her hair was completely disheveled. Blonde frizzy curls cascading down her back made that clearly visible.

"Yes.. may I come in?" You asked politely, just wanting to get to your room and sleep.
"Oh yes yes of course." She spoke as if it was the most obvious question in the world.
Opening the door wider, the woman hid behind the door, allowing you to enter. As soon as you and your belongings were fully in, she shut the door quickly, the action made an echo all across the house.