Drider

A/N: Hey thanks for reading my stuff! I'm genuinely surprised this has gotten recognition before my other works. But thanks for supporting me! I will try to write as often as possible. Knowing that people like my work helps a lot, and I don't get that very often haha-- so thank you!

TW: Venom poisoning (no death), power imbalance, trapping/kidnapping, dubcon kissing/touching, spiders, prey/predator, touch starved reader, implied loneliness

"Ah--shit."

The panic hadn't set in yet. But you knew you were in trouble considering you couldn't tell what direction you were tangled up in. Each foot was twisted in a different direction.

"Fuck fuck--"

A slew of profanities left your mouth as you tried to pry your arms away. Sticky residue and leaves stuck to your fingers made it so you couldn't budge. Your body was suspended in the air, with a maze of stringy white locks, stuck to it. You nearly screamed as the small net dipped downward due to your struggling. It bounced back up as you froze in fear. The vibrations ran through each and every string, making your legs and arms tremble in effect. As you lay still, the fear finally poured in.

Your heart was near bursting from within your ribcage. As every hair from your head to your arms stood on end, it felt as if a thousand needles were barring into you. The dark trees which hung from above mocked your position. They watched and stared, as small critters pitter-pattered all around, sounding far too close to your liking. The sticky substance on the web did not absorb into your skin; rather it stayed, the spit-like liquid pooling up on your hands.

Guttural whimpers left your mouth as you tried to slowly pull your limbs away. They wouldn't budge. No matter how harshly you tried to pull your knees and fingers away from the strings and slick, they stayed, the web pulling upward simultaneously.

You were nearly ready to give up struggling, until something began to shake the web. It was already moving due to your trembling, but much bigger and far deeper vibrations began to grace it. You let out another swear and stared into the void of the night, waiting for what was slowly drawing near. You tried to steady your heartbeat, by goodness you tried, but it wouldn't let up.

Mourning your satchel of things, you watched as they slowly poured out of the bag due to a foreign new pressure on the trap. The items fell onto the forest floor, somehow not sticking to the web.

The moonlight was beautiful, and all you wanted to do was admire it from afar. But that chance was ripped away from you as this sudden death trap came into play. There you were, strolling in the deep, spooky forest. Despite the nagging fear and anxiety, you went in anyway. Even as the trees told you not to and the wind pulled you backward. You braved on, just to get to the perfect mountain spot, to visit the moon. It was your only reminder that there were places other than the hell hole you currently called home.

But as time crawled on, and the night grew even darker, you landed yourself lost. Hours of walking and fear brought you to nothing, except for this web. It was stuck to the floor, an interesting and hidden contraption. It was strapped to the ground through some invisible force, and lurched up as soon as your finger touched it. A small poke was enough to spring the trap to life. You were swiftly and violently ripped from the ground, trapped against the gooey net that spread you open like a starfish.

The new weight added to the web moved closer to you, but it didn't sink the silk. You heard the creature soon after: small pitter-patters of something terrifying coming near. And that's when you saw it-- a woman, coming towards you.

"Well well, what do we have here?" A mature voice questioned, black eyes boring into you. You felt their intense, hungry gaze even before looking into the millions of eyes. You swallowed harshly, your own orbs growing wide like saucers.