Important Update (Read)

Hello, readers!

So, you guys might have seen my announcement on my page if you follow me, but if not, i will paste it here.

-

hi.

im sure we're all aware i have been extremely inactive recently! id like to apologize for my inactivity and how little updates im releasing on infatuation, etc. however, i think its time i get something off my chest and do something i've needed to do for a while.

im going to discontinue infatuation.

now, im well aware that many of you liked that fic, and many of you were so kind as to leave votes and comments on the chapters, something i thank you all for <333 genuinely, the support i received on that writing is something i cherished then, and still continue to cherish now.

however, i have fallen out of love with the writing in that book, and the plot i had constructed for myself. you see, i wrote out and planned the rest of infatuation, as well as a sequel! but it would be dishonest to say i have the motivation to finish the rest of that work, considering how much i hate what i had done with my ideas.

additionally, im already rewriting infatuation on AO3, and the conflicts between the old and the new revamped plot are killing me. i like my writing on the new infatuation fic, and having to go back and work on the older version that i am greatly ashamed of is difficult. the thought of having to write out the old plot plagues me every time i open this app, and not to mention, the guilt i feel.

i feel so guilty to have built an audience on the fic, only to abandon it and leave them all hanging. but its time to move on and admit i have no drive to finish infatuation. my lack of motivation would only harm it more.

TLDR; infatuation is officially discontinued.

i will mark it completed and move on.

thank you for reading if you read all of that, and i appreciate all the love you guys gave me on my writing. words cannot describe how grateful i am for everything.

lots of love,

cheer :)

-

In that announcement, i have clarified that i am officially discontinuing this fic (Infatuation).

I'll elaborate my reasons here:

Reason 1 - Motivation:

I have long lost motivation to work on this novel, for two reasons.

The first being that I look back and cringe at the writing in earlier chapters, and that I hate how I set everything up.

My old writing was naive and made no sense, and there were a massive number of flaws that stand out every time i reread the chapters. My use of vocabulary was pretentious and awful, and my use of grammar (especially with dialogue) was shudder-worthy, and I applaud anybody that could read it without cringing. This bad writing leads me to despise this work, in a way. I don't enjoy writing for it, simply because my previous chapters weigh me down every time I think about the terrible plot, the shitty character development, everything. This led to a slow loss of motivation to write and continue this book, and even now, I look back and wish I had done better.

The second motivation-based reason is that I have began rewriting Infatuation, but on AO3.

The AO3 rewrite was my attempt at resolving the bad writing issue, as I redid the earlier chapters. However, I deleted them immediately. Why? The plot. I had originally planned out the entirety of Infatuation (as mentioned in the announcement above) and a sequel as well. Looking back on my chapter by chapter breakdown of the story, I hate everything about it. I decided that redoing the entire plot would reawaken my drive to expand the ideas behind Infatuation, and so I acted upon my idea and redid everything.

This created the issue that I now had two plots and two audiences for the same story. Two vastly different plots. Considering the fact I also liked one of the plots much more than the other, this created a sort of double issue.

I did not want to update the old plot (this one) and the thought of having to update this version slowed progress on the other, because I would come back to my Wattpad drafts and pick away at the next chapter, word by word, line by line. Painful and slow, and leading to another big reason this novel was discontinued, the one listed below.

Reason 2 - Guilt:

For a while, I have felt a weight on my chest each time I open Wattpad and see you guys adding Infatuation to reading lists, commenting, voting, etc. (Thank you, by the way, I love you guys so much <33)

Because as much as I am so, so grateful for everything, I feel awful that I have not updated Infatuation, and I feel as though I've abandoned the audience that has given me so much. As I have previously said, I haven't wanted to update this fic for a while, and I felt so bad for feeling that way. I felt like I owed you guys an update, and I still think I do.

However, I now think that you would rather read motivated, well-written content than the unmotivated, sloppy garbage I'd produce out of guilt.

So, thank you for all the support, but all of you can take Infatuation and move it from the ongoing or unfinished lists and move it to the finished or discontinued ones. I deeply appreciate all the love and interest, but I have not done this story justice and do not want you guys to wait for updates that will never come.

Reason 3 - Execution:

The third main reason I'm discontinuing this book is the way I wrote out the ideas in my head.

I have already discussed the complaints I had about my old writing. My vocabulary, the immaturity, the lack of logic, the grammar, the god-awful structure, everything. However, this reason is more adjacent to the way I developed this story in the beginning, such as exposition and character arcs.

I was excited about the concept in my head, and I had been hasty in writing it out. Combined with my lack of knowledge on how to write well, this combination of factors led to a rather...inaccurate portrayal of the ideas I had spent so long planning .

Of course, I still really like the concept of this fic (hence why I'm rewriting it and why my past writing bothers me so much).

I didn't do my ideas justice, and failed to truly develop Dream and George's characters like I had planned to. Considering how fond I've grown of the psycopathic anti-hero love story idea, I think discontinuing this and rewriting will allow me to finally feel happy about how I executed this concept.

-

So, after reading those reasons, I hope you've gained some further insight into my decision.

Every comment, every vote, every list addition; it all means the world to me. As I'm sure you're tired of hearing, thank you so much for everything you've given me. A platform to share my ideas and write, a safe place to improve my skills and, most amazingly, more love than I could've ever fathomed receiving.

Thank you <333

No amount of thanks would be enough to show my appreciation.

I will not be deleting this story, seeing that many of you like it. However, I will ask you one thing.

Should I post the Infatuation rewrite here? (Comment here with your preference)

Of course, the plot and character development is different, but if you like my writing style and the general concept of this version, it should be right up your alley.

Anyways, this is getting long.

Thanks for sticking with me along this journey, and thanks for making the timeline of Infatuation a memory I will cherish forever.

I love you all so much,

Cheer :)

PS: If you have any questions or concerns, please leave them in the comments! I'll get back to all of them.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 // 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 🎉