Lia, Short For Liar

-Lia, Short For Liar-

I absently twirled the blade in my hand, my eyes trained on Lia's scared expression. What a change from the norm. Tears pooled in the corner of her fearful eyes, and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"What the fuck do you want from me?" She snarled, her voice breaking with terror. I chuckled darkly and smiled grimly.

"Just a favour. I crave a boon, actually." I responded vaguely, watching the light catch upon the sharp edge of the razor blade.

"What the hell does boon mean? Whatever. What's this favour, Clay? Jesus, I always thought you were different, but never did I think you were a fucking maniac!" Her shrill voice peaked. I rolled my eyes. Obviously I was a maniac. What did she think I was? Normal? I laughed at the sheer thought of being normal.

"Lia, listen to me." I raised the razor blade subtly, but Lia's eyes saw the gesture. She shut up, her arms shaking.

"You see, you've stolen something from me, and I want it back." I said, anger seeping into my voice. Lia looked confused. That bitch.

"Wh-"

"Listen before you ask questions. You took something that belonged to me away." My cryptic statements hung in the air. Lia trembled and bit her lip nervously.

"What did I take? Was it that bottle of tequila you brought from Mexico? Was it the red wine from Napa?" She said frantically. That bitch was more of a thief than I thought. But no matter. Alcohol didn't matter to me like George did.

"No. It was George." I felt a warmth run through my veins at the thought of my beloved George. He would be mine soon, I thought happily. Lia raised a perfect eyebrow, her lips pursed.

"What? I don't recall you ever dating George. Plus, he's his own person! It's his choice who he dates! Is he just property to you? Something to buy and steal? You never dated him, and you want to steal him from someone who actually had the guts to say something!" She exclaimed fervently, tone biting.

"I didn't date him, yes. But oh, I plan to, because he's perfect for me. I want him back, Lia. Let me have George back and I won't have to harm you or anybody else." I threatened, my eyes flashing.

"Clay, I don't get it." So on brand.

"I really, really love George, much more than you ever could. He should be with me, not you. I deserve him. You've messed things up for me, for us. And you know what'll happen if you continue to stand in the way of George and I. So, if you want to continue going on like usual, let me have him." Lia rolled her eyes. How brave and daring of her.

"Aw, that sucks. Again, no. George is not property! And you can't just break up relationships like that! Come on, you have no place messing with couples." She rebutted. Anger coloured my vision red.

Watch me.

"I'm deeply saddened that you feel that way." I sighed heavily. "Think about what a shame it would be if you were to lose a finger or two. Or, maybe even an eye if I'm feeling it. How would those selfies look then?" I smirked. Lia gasped.

I could see the defeat in her eye as the panic she'd concealed escaped her lips.

"No, no, no, no, no, tell me what you need, please!" She begged, her voice weak and feeble. Just as I thought. Her bravado was gone now.

"Fine, then. I need you to break up with George. Then, I can have him back. Easy, right?" I asked, my tone light and casual. Lia's eyes narrowed.

"Do you care about him at all? Breakups are hard to get over, Clay. I thought you loved George?" Lia asked. More than you do, anyway.