Beautiful

AN: I inspired George's makeup off the makeup in Euphoria, because it was just so accurate to what I imagined for him. Specifically, the look I took inspiration from was Rue's makeup, specifically at the end, during the choir scene. Makeup aside, try to bear my writing for another chapter :)

Leave a vote if you'd like! (no pressure :D)

-Beautiful-

George's POV:

"That was boring." Dream huffed as us and the throng of students flooded out of the lecture hall, textbooks and papers hugged to chests and pens tucked behind ears. I laughed at his irritated tone and adjusted the strap of my bag.

Quoting a line from a Harry Potter movie, I shot him a jaunty grin. "It was illuminating."

He gagged dramatically. "What are you on?"

"On top of my work." 

"You sure that's all you're on top of?" Dream teased playfully. I felt blush creep onto my cheeks as I averted my gaze, face flushed.

"Shut up." I scoffed, giving him a dirty look. He raised an eyebrow at my flushed expression, nudging my shoulder. Immediately, I winced at the force, again reminded of how delicate and weak I was. The glasses of water for breakfast definitely weren't enough. 

He chuckled. "I do have to say, I never took you for a to-"

"What part of shut up doesn't register in your brain, idiot?" I shoved at the books Dream clutched to his chest. He nearly dropped his textbooks and scowled at the smirk on my face, adjusting his grip on the books.

With a groan, he eyed me. "I'll wait until I'm doing your makeup to make you pay for that one." He threatened.

"You wouldn't dare. You simp too hard to mess this up." I gestured at my face with a flick of my free hand. Dream rolled his eyes.

"Whatever."

"If you do mess up, I'll leak our Snapchat messages." I mused, with a glint in my eye.

He scoffed. "Try."

"Just you wait, Dream, just you wait."

"Nah, you won't." He smirked. "You're too much of a wimp to do something like leaking DM's." I paused. It was unfortunate that he was right. I was too much of a coward to even think about leaking messages.

"At least I wasn't such a wimp that I was scared to show my face." I shot back.

"Well, I guess the fans get a partial selfie later this week." He sighed heavily, to my amusement. Right.

I still couldn't believe he'd actually agreed.

I'd suggested the deal as a joke, as I knew how much Dream valued his anonymity and I'd wanted to mock his refusal. Like, who would trade their privacy for a chance to do their friend's makeup? Especially Dream, who could never be persuaded to divulge any personal details. I kinda wondered what he was on when he agreed to my dumb deal, to trade away his mask for a makeup brush. It felt wrong. Almost like it was too impossible to be true, too unlike him to be taken seriously.

But selfishly enough, I was more concerned about myself.

A small part of me was scared that when he would do my makeup, he'd see and feel how skeletal, angular and emaciated my face had become, and how deep the shadows were beneath my eyes. How sickly and pale and withered I looked, and how it was all my fault.

I looked over at Dream, and how effortlessly happy he looked. How his yellow eyes shone, and how his smile tugged at his lips so easily. If only.

"Lucky me. I get to see your face all day, every day." I boasted, my eyes tracing around his face as subtly as possible. A fluttering in my heart followed my words.