Romeo and Juliet

AN: I get an insane amount of joy from writing extremely unrealistic stories and scenarios. That's it, that's the intro.

I refer to Badboyhalo as Bad, by the way :)

Have fun this chapter is a really long one-

-Romeo and Juliet-

Dream's POV:

Shakespeare's ideas are perennial, I've come to realize.

His quotes, his plays, his characters, and the melancholic fates and fables they spun. Perhaps it was the tragic love stories, the shattered, tainted romances that were never meant to and would never work. The loves that were doomed to fail from the moment of conception, always battling and eventually corporeally dying by the adverse hand of some higher power.

Romeo and Juliet were never meant to be. And if the universe had its way, it would be no different for George and I.

But the difference between Romeo and Juliet's story and mine and George's was the adversity.

For Romeo and Juliet, the adversity was in the cruel world around then, their families perpetually warring and clashing with no resolve, their romance illicit, forbidden and eventually stifled by the darkness that approached. Death, or at least, corporeal death. Strange how death was the merciful blade that brought to an end one of the most tragic love stories. Hidden trysts, fleeting glances and secret words exchanged knowing it would never come to anything. Only after death did the Montagues and Capulets cease and find reconciliation.

For me, the adversity and the soul and face I found myself so utterly in love with were one and the same.

Romeo and Juliet had the entire world against them. I had one person.

How did having the entire world against George and I sound like an easier battle than the one I was silently waging against my own love? I'd rather fight the entire world than fight the singular war I'd been forced into. I'd rather die together than suffer alone. Since when did the entire world and all its adversity sound like a such a vanquishable force?

I knew the answer. Of course I did.

Since when did the entire world and all its adversity sound like a such a vanquishable force?

Since I fell so hopelessly in love with George.

I turned to wistfully gaze at him, appreciating the face I'd found myself unable to bear looking away from. His appeal was not only his personality and mind, of course. Though his other attributes were very, very attractive, his physical attributes and features could not be scoffed at.

"I don't want to deal with that." George stage-whispered. My love mocked me relentlessly in every accent-coated syllable George's sweet voice spoke. He smoothly gestured to Sapnap and Bad, who were a mere few paces away. I grinned and chuckled darkly.

"Personally, I can't wait."

"What are you idiots discussing? Y'all taking about me?" Sapnap stood in front of us, arms crossed, a sullen expression crossing his features.

"Only nice things." George laughed nervously and glanced at me briefly, an action that brought a touch of warmth to the cold, hard knot of iron that was my heart.

"Compliments won't help, Georgenotfound. Finally, your name makes sense. Or it did, for the past three weeks." It was impossible to ignore the venom laced in each word Sapnap spoke, the pure icy, acid anger that infused each syllable. I stifled the urge to laugh, though, at the cold fury etched in his face, the hard set of his mouth.