Chapter 7) The Protagonist

Fate POV

After waiting ten moments or so I tell Ambrosia the plan.

Fate: "We go in and kill them all." I say proudly.

Ambrosia: "Oh, I thought it would be something bigger." She says neutrally.

Fate: "I'll be the one to take on Y/N, the leader, and you'll take on everyone else." I inform Ambrosia.

She didn't seem to mind that part of the plan either.

Ambrosia: "You said there was only like forty cultists there right? Then I got this." She grins confidently.

I pat her shoulder.

Fate: "Just make sure not use any of your abilities." I smirk.

Ambrosia: "What? Why? I thought you said we would kill everyone. What would it matter if they see?" She says beginning to frown..

Fate: "There is one innocent person within that group. She's the one who gave me all the info and she's also the key person needed for the plan to work." I explain.

Ambrosia: "Isn't she another cultist? What if she's lying to you?" She says worriedly.

Fate: "I can see through anyone's words remember? Plus she already found out what happens to liars." I say with a grin.

Ambrosia's features relax.

Ambrosia: "All right, I trust you Fate." She says with resolution.

Fate: "As do I" I say looking directly into her eyes with the same resolve.

Ambrosia attempts to hold my gaze but fails when she blushes and turns away walking off with her hands on her cheeks. I chuckle at her immaturity.

I feel a tap on the top of my head and remember Risu was still sitting on my shoulders, she woke up too. I look up and see her pouting.

Fate: "Don't worry, I trust you with my life as well. You brought me here after all."

Risu's face goes back to its natural neutrality but I could see sparkles around her face, she seemed happy.

She then floats off and towards Ambrosia with the clear intent to rub what I said in her face. Despite possibly being older than the world she was the most childish person I knew.

While they bickered I hopped up on a tree and used •All Seeing Eyes• to check on the village.

To my surprise I saw a lot of cultists gathered up in the open area in the center of the village. I knew Irene would do it but I didn't expect it to be so soon.

In the very center was a wooden platform with two people standing on it. A cloaked man and Irene. The guy must be Y/N.

I jump off of the tree and land near the girls who were arguing about something.

Fate: "Sorry to interrupt you're conversation but, we need to go, like right now." I chuckle.

They both stop talking and turn to me. Ambrosia nods and Risu starts floating towards me, my shoulders in particular.

Fate: "Not this time Risu." I say stopping her.

She pouts again and sullenly nods. Ambrosia sticks her tongue at Risu then makes her way beside me.

Ambrosia: "I'm ready." She says gripping her sword.

Normally she'd use a scythe made out of her blood but that would deactivate my •Disguise and I'd have to reapply it again. It seems that whenever she uses any of her vampiric talents she reverts back to her original form.