Chapter 11) A Maid's Profession

Fate POV

It's a stare off on who should make the first move. Me with the krambit knives in my hands and the maid with who knows how many knives. Her eyes were narrowed and she seemed no longer uninterested in the person in front of her, me.

Fate: "You just gonna stan-"

I quickly spin around and slash behind of me in a arc. With a *Clang!* three knives have been deflected.

The maid gives a surprised look.

???: "So you can even block those hmm? Maybe you're not as incompetent as I thought." She admits, but she begins to glare at me again, "Too bad you still won't be a match for me."

Fate: "We'll see about that!" I yell with a grin as I begin to sprint towards her.

???: "I take back what I said, you're still a fool for trying to attack head on." She says with an eye roll.

In a fraction of a second her eyes dart to several spots around me namely my right, left, behind, above, and all the places in between. Her eyes were fast but mine were faster.

I duck, weave, roll, and dodge as knives begin to come at me from the directions the maid had glanced. To the naked eye it would seem as though they appeared from thin air but I saw it differently.

As I deflect another knife the maids eyes begin to narrow even more in frustration. I finally begin to close in on the maid and she held a knife in a reverse grip in her right hand while she holds a handful of knives in the other.

Once I get closer she throws the handful of knives in my direction. I sense knives coming at me from behind so I twist my body in a way so that the knives miss me and hit the other knives.

Before I can reposition myself the maid was already right in front of me. She had followed the knives she threw to follow up after I dodged, she wasn't leaving me any room to recover.

The maid directly in front of me thrusts the knife in her right hand towards my head. With the knife an eyelash away I manage to tilt my head to the right and only suffer a minor scratch right above my left ear. I cast the gravity magic •Pressure• to keep the wound open, can't let •Instant Regeneration• activate or else the maid and Irene would know my secret.

And bows not the time to reveal it.

She follow ups her stab with a slash aimed at my neck and I lean back to narrowly dodge it, she was really going for the kill. While in her slashing motion I counterattack by stepping forward and swinging the knife in my left hand at her.

Following the motion of her slash she lets the momentum bring her down and she ducks my swing while sweeping my legs from underneath me with a kick. It succeeds and I was now horizontal in the air.

The maid quickly gets up and swiftly brings her knife down on my chest. I manage to grab her wrist before the knife connects and I hit the ground with a *Thud*

Her knife was mere centimetres from stabbing my heart. Although I'm much stronger than her I only use enough strength so that it would seem we were equal in strength, in other words I put us in a stalemate. As she attempts pushes her knife down to my chest with both hands she speaks.

???: "Quit struggling and die like the cockroach you are." She tells me flatly.

I simply smirk at her as I 'struggle' to keep her knife from penetrating skin.

Fate: "Do you know of a garden that is in need of weeding?" I ask with a smirk.

The maid freezes for a moment and I use the opportunity to roll away as her knife hits the ground where I once was. I quickly get up to face her.