Chapter 8) The Antagonist

Fate POV

But before anything happens, I need to get Irene out the way. I wanted a fair 1 v 1 with this guy.

Fate: "Irene go help my friend with the rest of your cultists." I say keeping my eyes on Y/N and his multiplying tentacles.

Irene: "I'll go, but they are not my cultists, got that?" She says sternly.

I chuckle. Even in the heat of battle her way of speaking is still as cold as ice.

Finally one of Y/N's black tentacles darts towards me. Without much thought I deflect it with my sword.

Fate: "Oh and introduce yourself to my friend while your at it. Not the same way I did to you though." I finish my sentence with a wink.

She attempts to act unfazed but the faint pink on her cheeks betray her.

Irene: "I'll have you pay for what you did to me." She mumbles as she turns to go to assist Ambrosia.

Hopefully they would leave some good first impressions with each other. I get the feeling that they'll be spending a lot more time with each other after this.

But enough about the future, I need to focus on the present, and the many shadowy tentacles coming towards me at high speed.

Y/N: "Prepare to die!" He screams in a deranged voice.

Fate: "I thought I was the villain here." I quip

And I dash forwards to meet his attack.

Ambrosia POV

I was currently fighting off the remaining cultists and Risu floated above me giving me warnings on attacks.

Risu: "Arrow incoming from you right." She warns flatly.

I quickly take a step back letting the arrow fly by my face.

Ambrosia: "Thanks." I say to Risu.

Risu: "Focus on the battle." She says in her neutral voice.

Cultist: "•Greater smash!•" Yells the man with a warhammer in front of me.

I barely manage to jump out of the way of  attack and watch as the hammer leaves a small crater in the ground. I land in front of another cultist wielding a twisted dagger who was winding up for an attack.

I wouldn't be able to dodge fully in time and I brace for the attack. I raise my sword to try to block it

???: "•Judgement•" Says a female voice.

A black sludgy orb shoots by me and lands on the cultist that was about to hit me. The gooey looking orb surrounds the mans face then quickly dissipates revealing a shrivelled, terrified, and lifeless eyed mana face

The man falls to the ground and the rest of the cultists appear to be shocked.

???: "Guilty." The same woman says.

I turn to the voice on my left and spot a black haired woman with fiery purple eyes. She also wore some accessories with purple gems embedded in them. There were also some dark purple flowers on her hair and on her dress.

Cultist: "Sister Irene! What are you doing!" Yells the man with the warhammer.

The woman named Irene makes an annoyed face.

Irene: "I've told you to stop calling me that!" She yells furiously, "•Blackout•".

Then the eyes of the four remaining cultists become pitch black.