Part Four: Would You Love Me Less?

(Uploaded to Tumblr on 4/1/21)

Natasha Romanoff x Reader

Words: 1,755

Warnings: Family bullshit (again), the reader being kinda an idiot.

Summary: You talk to Natasha about your newly sprouted feelings.

A/N: It's finally here! And I really don't like it. But it's something, at least! Also, it is inspired by the song 'Would You Love Me Less' by MAX, it's a p good song, you guys should check it out.

18+ ONLY.

***

It had been a good three or four weeks since the recognition of your feelings. You hadn't really kept track of the days, thanks to the panic flowing through you.

You had been seeing Natasha less and less throughout that time. And it was during that time, that you realized how little time you were spending with other girls, compared to Natasha. Almost as if being in her life, and fucking her brains out, had slowly blocked out any other woman. But still, you kept blowing her off and making excuses, out of fear that your feelings would only grow.

She didn't understand why, of course, which is what lead to this moment.

And if you were being honest with yourself. It was a long time coming.

"Speak."

"Woof," you replied instantly, only irritating Natasha further.

"You know what I mean," she said, folding her arms over her chest, face hard as stone. But her emerald green eyes held insecurity and a slight hint of fear and heartbreak, "Why have you been avoiding me? Is it something I've done? Do you want to end this? Because, I never pegged you for one to string someone along, not having the guts to tell them that you're no longer interested."

"Wow, now that's a lot," you breathed, leaning back into the pleated, leather couch in Natasha's office, thinking of how you should reply to her.

"Well, are you actually going to answer me, or not-?"

"I'm not "stringing you along"," you interrupted her, "You're right. I'm not scared of telling someone that I'm not interested in them, however, much of a dick that makes me seem. I... I don't want to end this, Natasha. It's just-" You took a breath. "It's complicated, okay?"

""Complicated" how?" she asked wanting clarification.

"I..." You let out a sigh. "I'm not the best person, Natasha."

"None of us are. We've all made mistakes."

"No, you don't get it!" She jumped at your sudden raised voice, with you suddenly on your feet. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you. I'm the one I'm angry with, not you."

"Why are you angry with yourself?"

Natasha was concerned about you. It was glaringly obvious, with that look on her face, her perfectly sculpted eyebrows in a slight frown. Hands coming up to rest on the sides of your shoulders, thumbs gently rubbing against the clothed skin underneath.

"I wish you didn't have to see me like this," you muttered, unable to face her. Instead, choosing to gaze down at the floor.

"Like what?"

"So fucking confused," came out in a whisper.

She was smart -of fucking course she was- so she remained silent. Knowing you were far from done. You were finally going to let her see a deeper part of you. Something she had hoped for, for a long time now.