Mission: Dog Black

Pansy was frowning at Professor Lupin from across the hall. Draco glanced at her and rolled his eyes, casting a meaningful look in Harriet's direction. She gave a nod in return.

Harriet wondered if Pansy knew that Remus was a werewolf.

It was rather obvious. His shabby clothes, the fact that his boggart was the moon, the potion Snape had brewed for him several times and the fact that he was always ill at that certain time of month.

All things that proved her point. It didn't take a genius to figure it out. The thing was, Pansy had something against magical creatures and if she knew that Lupin was a werewolf, she would most definitely not trust him in the slightest.

Draco was part veela, and Pansy was still a little bit weary of him. He probably wouldn't recieve a veela inheritance due to how small that part was. He would still be fiercely protective over his friends, family and future spouse, according to much research.

Pansy tended to view him as a normal human wizard and blatantly ignored any mentions of the veela part. Harriet hoped that she would one day accept magical creatures as part of society.

The next week flew by and before they knew it, it was Saturday. Time to put the plan into action.

The group had decided (at Harriet's insistence) that it would be best if Harriet and Lupin talked to Sirius Black alone. After all, they knew him best. The rest of them should be busy with look out.

Harriet essentially hid behind Lupin as they passed the dementors at the gates. She still didn't feel safe around them. Perhaps she should get the Professor to teach her the spell he used on the train?

Hogsmeade looked an awful lot like a medieval town. Harriet and Lupin walked through the streets. She kept pointing out nice houses, shops and other things as they walked towards the meeting spot. Lupin patiently offered anecdotes and small pieces of history as they went.

'We should do this again some time,' Harriet thought to herself, 'As a family.'

They walked into a dark alleyway. Lupin whistling as they went. They reached the end and stopped. A man was sitting in the corner looking down.

"Hello Padfoot."

The man looked up, stared a moment, then rushed forward pulling Harriet and Remus into a hug.

Harriet stiffened. She was practically allergic to any physical contact as her friends had quickly figured out during the first year. She'd gotten good at hiding it though so they didn't feel bad.

It was another point of her therapy.
She forced herself to hug back and ignore the panic rising inside her. It was relatively obvious she failed because Black immediately let go. She simply nodded at his apologies.

"It's ok." She said, "Let's just focus on the plan."

Black sat back down agreeing. Lupin nodded and crouched down beside him. He was holding hands with Black so he didn't have much of a choice.

Harriet leaned against the wall prefering to stay on her feet. She swiftly recapped the plan making sure everyone knew what they were doing and to ground herself.

Harriet pulled the invisibility cloak out of her bag. Lupin pulled Black to his feet and then Harriet threw the cloak over them both.

Everything went as smoothly as possible making Harriet think there was something wrong. Nothing ever went as smoothly as this. Not even in storys. Pansy, Draco and their sharp elbows cleared the way. Crabbe and Goyle had, as predicted, bought so many Honeydukes sweets that most of the employees were helping count or staring. They hadn't even needed to tell them what was up. Blaise was being a very difficult customer and thus making sure the other employees were occupied.

This enabled Lupin, Sirius and Harriet to slip past them into the cellar and down into the secret passageway easily.

They crept along it quickly, Harriet shoving the cloak back into her bag. They came to a sudden halt behind the exit. Professor Dumbledore's voice reached their ears.

Lupin shifted in front of Sirius slightly.

They remained as still as statues listening in on the conversation who's other participant seemed to be Snape.

As soon as they were sure they were gone, they threw the cloak over Black and made their way to Lupins office as quickly as possible. Lupin would take the man to the Shrieking shack at midnight or whenever everyone was asleep.

Harriet, sensing that they would need some time alone, excused herself and made her way back to the common room.