*Akon Voice* Convict

(Uploaded to Tumblr on 16/9/18)

Steve Rogers x Platonic!Reader, Some Stucky.

Words: 840

Warnings: None? Jail?

Request: For my 3,333 Followers Challenge.

Summary: Steve's been promoted from older brother to disgruntled dad, who is rethinking his life choices.

A/N: 48 with Steve and of any other avenger going full parent mode pls?

This is basically part two of 'But Will There Be Whisky?' but you don't need to read it to get this one :) I hope you like it!

***

Being an Avenger was a rollercoaster, to say the least.

Emotionally.

Physically.

Spiritually.

You could handle all of those.

But what you couldn't handle, was the fluctuation of schedule.

Either you had too much work to do. Or none at all.

Right now, there was none at all.

And you were bored. Which is never good. For anyone.

That is what got you in this position now.

"Hey, Stevie!" you said into the receiver of the black phone. Voice way too happy for it to convey real joy.

"Y/N?" Steve asked, baffled as to why he didn't recognise your number, "Where are you?"

"Jail."

You were met with silence, as Steve contemplated your words.

"You're WHAT?!"

"I'm in jail," you replied calmly.

"Why are you in jail?!"

"Listen, that's not important right now. However, what is important. Is that you come, bail me out."

"And why should I?"

"Well, if you don't, then I would be wasting my one phone call on you. Instead of calling the pizza place."

"You were gonna call the pizza place?!"

"I deeply debated it," you told him, honestly.

That's when you heard an echoed voice in the background, behind Steve.

"Who's calling the pizza place?"

"Y/N's in jail and they were debating on calling the pizza place, instead of me," Steve informed them.

"Why are they in jail?- And why did she call you and not me?!" Nat.

"I'm beginning to wish I had. That way, someone would actually bail me out of jail!" you yelled the last of your sentence, "That, or I would have a delicious pizza right now- Maybe Nat would have brought me one! Steve put her on."

"No."

"C'mon, Stevie!" you whined, "It's boring in here, and I'm hungry! Just put Natasha on the phone, and then everything will be fine."

"No. Because Natasha will bail you out and she would actually bring you a pizza-"

"Yeah. I know that. So, put her on!"

"And you don't deserve to be rewarded for your bad behaviour."

"Ohhh, what are you? My dad?"

"I may as well be," Steve chastened.

You audibly gasped.

"Does that make Buck-Buck my dad, too? I love my gay dads! Hey, I have a serious question for you..." you trailed off.

"What is it?" Steve sounded concerned. Time to blow that to smithereens!

"Am I adopted?"

Silence again.

You smiled at your ability to break him so easily. It's not your fault that he always fell for your shit.

"Bye, Y/N. Hope your time in jail makes you grow as a person."

"Wait- Wait, Stevie! It smells like ass in here!"

"Oh, well that's just too bad for you, isn't it?"

He was about to hang up, you could tell with the tone of his voice. You yelled out your main priority.

"Wait, Steve! Tell Nat to bring me a pizza!-" The call tone rang through your ear. He had hung up. "... well, shit."

Placing the phone back on its holder, you slowly turned, to allow the police officer to guide you back to your temporary cell. Confidently speaking to her.

"He'll come soon."

And you knew you were right.

***

"You really gonna leave her there, Steve?" Natasha smirked at the man on the opposite end of the sofa. Watching with Bucky, as he pouted and folded his arms over his chest.

"Yes," Steve aid determined not to give in to the guilt welling up inside of him, "she needs to learn their lesson."

"Strict," Natasha muttered, as her hand played with the back of the sofa. Smirk still pulling on her face, counting down the seconds before the blonde broke.

"I'm proud of you, babe!" Bucky pumped his fists into the air, watching Steve pump his own in self-confirmation. Bucky knew it was only a matter of time.

Just a few more seconds... Bucky thought.

Groaning in near anguish, Steve got up, grabbed his keys, and strode out the door.

"Fuck," Bucky whispered under his breath. Leaning over to slap twenty dollars into Natasha's hand, for her successful bet.

"Pleasure doing business with you, Barnes."

***

Steve bailed you out. And he took you for pizza afterwards!

All in all, a pretty good day!

That's why you thought it would be a good idea to have him as your one phone call, from that point onward.

Life soon picked up again. You slow schedule, transforming into a hectic one.

It was three months before you had another boring week.

Steve's phone vibrated on his bedside table. Breaking hir from his make-out session with Bucky.

"Hello?" Steve asked the person calling, pecking Bucky as he did.

"Heeeeeyyyyyyy. So, guess what?"

It was you.

Of course, it was you.

Steve inwardly kicked himself for even answering his phone. Knowing that he most likely be pulled away from his boyfriend.

"What?"

"I'm in jail, again."

Nope.

"Hello...? Steve...?" You asked, getting no reply, looking into the phones receiver, as the call tone echoed towards you, "He hung up on me...! I give it fifteen minutes."