Saving Rosie. Part Two Of Two: Wish To Escape

(Uploaded to Tumblr on 7/5/21)

Rosie Betzler x Reader

Words: 6,935

Warnings: Just like before. WWII (and everything that comes with that era), Nazis, spy shit, arguing, battle and being kinda stupid in it, sadness... I think that may be it.

Request: Nope.

Summary: The End.

***

Stepping out into the street with the mother and child that morning into the fastly ever drawing near summers sun, gaining the reactions of the people all around was something you had expected but nonetheless felt slightly uncomfortable by.

And impressively enough, even without you warning her of what peoples reactions could be, she took in all in her stride. Ignoring all of the looks you received.

Jojo, however, was not like his mother.

"Why does everybody keep looking as us?" he had asked, halfway to the centre where you and he would be spending a good amount of your day.

"Just ignore them, kid," you told the boy.

"But why are they looking at us?"

"It's nothing, sweet boy," Rosie said. Placing her hand on his shoulder and pulling him closer to her, if only for a moment. "They're just surprised that the General and I are together, just like you were this morning."

"Oh," the young boy uttered, the look in his eyes causing you to chuckle. He had looked like he had just discovered all of the secrets of the world.

"But some of them are looking mean at us."

"Nope. Not at us," you told him, "Just your mother."

"Why just my mother?!"

"It's because they're jealous, Jojo," Rosie informed him, "They don't like the fact that the General and I are together."

"Why wouldn't they?"

"Because I come with a lot of bonuses. With my job. They are envious of it. Also, I'm quite the catch," you finished with a joke.

"Oh," he said slowly.

Before long, you were at the centre, watching as Rosie wished Jojo goodbye.

"You be good today, yah?" she told, rather than asked while cradling his face.

"I will," Jojo replied, voice conveying just how much he wanted to roll his eyes at that moment.

Then Rosie pushed forward, pressing her lips against his forehead, leaving a red print behind.

Raising to a stand, the blonde turned to you, peering up where you stood beside her.

"You be good, too."

"Excuse me?" you asked, slightly insulted.

"You heard me."

You would have said something in reply but were too shocked to do so when the woman leaned in, pressing her red painted lips against your cheekbone, leaving a mark of your own there.

And then she took her leave, stopping halfway through the door to look back at you when you spoke after her.

"Be careful out there, okay?"

You didn't want her to leave and go off to somewhere without you being there, you feared what may happen to her. Everyone was so close to losing her.