Rip Vine

(Uploaded to Tumblr on 22/6/19)

Peter Parker x Platonic!Reader

Words: 773

Warnings: Swearing. Always swearing. Threatening.

Request: Yep

Summary: Peter's a little shit. And he will not leave you the fuck alone. Luckily you love him like your annoying little brother, so you can't really throw him through the window... right?

A/N: It's not the best, and I know it's not. But its something! And for that, I'm proud. Using #21 of my 2222 Challenge.

***

"Hey,-" Peter greeted everyone as he walked into the compound's kitchen. A smile you knew all too well plastered on his face.

"If you quote another vine at me, I'll stab you with a fork." You glared at him, mid-chew. Pointing the proclaimed weapon fork at the boy.

"Com' on. I'm not that bad!"

"Uh, yeah you are," you and all the other Avengers replied in unison.

And so that began the day.

Peter had stayed over the night before, after his first real mission as an Avenger. He was excited. Just as you were when you joined the team, at his age. If not a little younger.

Considering you and Peter were around the same age, you were very close. Quickly becoming best friends after you first met. You had taken on an older sibling role so-to-say, with the boy. Looking out for him on missions, picking him up from school, pranking the other Avengers with him then blaming it on the others. Y'know. The normal stuff.

But there was one thing that annoyed the shit outa you- Don't get me wrong, you loved vines as much as the next person. But Peter took it to the next level. And he used them now, to solely annoy you, if not for anything else.

"Y/N. Yeet me that," Peter "asked", pointing to the chocolate bar on the coffee table, from where he lounged upsidedown on the chair to your right. Thoughrouly interrupting your TV programme.

"I'll yeet you soon, boy," you mumbled, leaning forward, eyes still glued on the TV. Flinging the chocolate bar at where you knew Peter sat.

"You aren't strong enough."

"Did you not see me throw that tank at that group of HYDRA Agents on the mission?"

"... shit."

***

Nat sucks.

Steve sucks.

Training sucks.

"Come on, Y/N. Getting slow?" Peter snarked above you as you panted, crumpled on the blue training mat.

"Buzz off, Cockroach-Kid. You only just got here. Come back to me in two hours, and we'll see if you say the same thing."

"I'm Spider-Man!" Peter yelled, totally ignoring everything else you had said.

"Sure you are," you chuckled.

"-And you're only two years older than me! You don't get to call me a child!" Peter suddenly yelled, pausing on his way, walking towards a waiting Natasha and Steve, causing you to burst out laughing.

"Aww, a baby!"

"Why did they make you an Avenger before me?" Peter mumbled to himself, not expecting you to hear him.

"Because you suck." Man. You gotta love that illegitimate sibling banter, am I right?!

***

"I am two year's older than you, you little shit!" Your voice echoed from the other room, alerting the group of lounging Avengers to the start of your bickering match with Peter. They all groaned. All too used to this by now.

"Can we have one day? Just one day?" Tony asked nobody in particular.

"That mean's nothing to me!"

"Here we go again," Natasha mumbled.

"I became an Avenger before you."

"There's got to be a way so we can't hear them," Steve said.

"How dare you?"

"I'll soundproof the building tomorrow," Tony assured.

"I'm like three inches taller than you."

"Thank, God. I don't think I could handle another one of these," Wanda said.

"You monster!" Peter screeched, "Hey, Y/N?"

"What?"

"Look at all those chickens," Peter whispered.

"AHHHH! Get back here, you little shit!" And so you began chasing him.

"Maybe they're like dogs," Clint pondered his thoughts out loud.

"What?! How are they like dogs?"

"Well, maybe if we neutered them, they'd calm down."

"I'll make the appointment," Bruce said, miming reaching for his phone, making everyone chuckle.

***

"How's Flash?" you asked randomly from your spot next to Peter on the sofa.

"Still hates me and loves Spider-Man."

"Flash? The kid that bullies you?" Tony asked, from the armchair.

"Yeah."

"He still giving you hassle?"

"Well, not so much now, since he saw Y/N rip the bumper off his car and throw it at someone attacking me."

"I don't see how that would stop him."

"I wasn't in the Spider-suit. Someone tried to mug me," Peter explained.

"Someone tried to mug you?!"

"Hey guys, just to let you know, Steve got shot on the last mission. So no jumping on him. That means you, Peter," Natasha informed you three, saving Peter from Tony's overprotectiveness.

"Why'd he get shot?" Tony asked sarcastically.

"Because his shield is the size of a dinner plate, and he is an idiot... what have I become?..."

"One of us," Peter said, with a wild look in his eyes.

"Tony, help me, I'm scared."