Oh, My Saturday Sun.

(Uploaded to Tumblr on 17/5/20)

Tony Stark x Steve Rogers

Words: 2,343

Warnings: Swearwords??

A/N: This is for @lovelyirony, I hope you like it. This is a Regular Life AU. This is based on the song Saturday sun by Vance Joy. I had a lot of fun writing this and being my idiot self with it.

P.s. @starsandsupernovae, you might like this. I know how much you love these two.

Summary: These two idiots are in love with each other.

Italics: Memories.

***
"Come on, Tony," Pepper sighed loudly, startling Tony awake. Who was previously asleep, his cover crumpled up and thrown from his body. His leg haphazardly laying across it, as he curled into the mattress.

Tony snapped his head up, looking at Pepper groggily. Roling his eyes, before Pepper opened the blinds, revealing the view of the ocean. Causing Tony to squint his eyes at the brightness and slam his face back into his pillow.

"Ughh, go away Pepper!" he called out, voice muffled.

"It's time to get up Tony. You can't keep doing this." What was "this" exactly? Well, Tony's days consisted of, not sleeping, eating, or doing anything healthy, and drinking mass amounts of coffee, for two to three days. Before passing out on his bed for twenty-four hours. Then eating enough to feed a family of twelve. Then repeating it all over again.

"Do you have a problem with the way I live my life?" he asked sarcastically, peering at her over the mounting of cover.

"Yes," she replied, without a second thought.

Tony waited for her to rephrase her reply, or to explain herself. But it never came. She only stood by the window, arms crossed over her chest, watching Tony. Showing him that she had fully meant what she said.

"Insulting," Tony said, placing his head back on his pillow, gently this time, intending to go back to sleep. Cuddling up to his cover.

"Get up Tony! Go outside! You need some fresh air!" she yelled, yanking the crisp white sheets from his arms, successfully startling Tony for the second time this morning.

"I get fresh air!"

"Tony, going to lavish parties and dinners, is not getting fresh air," she scolded. "You need to get out more. Go for a walk, go to the beach. Something!"

"You sound like my mother."

"You need one." and with that, she threw Tony's cover back to him, walking from the room.

Tony would have gone back to sleep. But he knew Pepper was serious. If he did go back to sleep, she would surely come in and pour a bucket of ice water onto his sleeping form without any remorse.

So he got up.

***

Go out Pepper said. It would be fun she said.

And she was right.

Tony was actually having fun. Outside! And not at parties.

He decided to do as Pepper said, and went to the beach. It was around noon, the sun was shining, and the waves were calm.

Tony was stood on the beachfront, shoes in hand, feeling the waves swim over his feet, eyes closed, face soaking in the warm Malibu sun. Unaware of the man running towards him.

A large weight hit Tony's side, causing him to spin, his eyes snapping open, them landing on the blonde man in front of him. The same blonde man that was holding him upright by his biceps. The same one with an apologetic look chiselled onto his face.