Horses?

(Uploaded to Tumblr on 20/1/20)

(Platonic) Loki Laufeyson x Reader

Words: 2,367

Warnings: Swearing, horse jokes, knives, playful threatening. I think that's it.

Request: For someone who wished to remain anonymous, for donating to the Australian bushfires.

Summary: The Trickster God got tricked. Now you gotta help him.

A/N: Bold and italics = Letter. It's a lot less angsty that what I think you wanted... but I really hope you like it nonetheless.

***

It was a knock at the door that originally woke you, making you jump up, and stalk to the door with your pistol raised.

You peered through the peephole and spotted nothing. You had heard a knock, you were sure of it. It couldn't have been a dream.

"Great," you said to yourself, beginning to unlock the door. As it was the only thing you could do, with being on the run and all. "Now I'm acting like the white person in a horror movie. See, Y/N, this is how people die."

Yanking the door open, with your gun raised, you checked either side of the hallway of your apartment. Nothing. Surveying the floor. Nothing. Even going as far to check the ceiling. Still nothing.

You shook your head, with furrowed eyebrows, before pulling yourself back into your apartment and relocking the door.

"Must have been some kids messing around-" you mumbled to yourself... then, "-Oh my fucking, God!"

"Hell, Y/N." Loki stood before you, in a black suit, and holding a cane in front of him. "How are you? It's been some time."

"I think you just made me piss myself."

Loki gave you a mischievous smile at that.

"Oh, how I would have loved to see that."

"Is that another one of your kinks, you greasy bastard?" you asked, eyes hard as you walked past him.

"Okay, so you're still mad."

"I'm still mad?!" you roared, "Of course I'm still fucking mad! You set me up for something I didn't fucking do! Got me fired from S.H.I.E.L.D., and I've been on the run for the last six years!" Gripping his collar in your hands, you yanked him towards your face, to seave, "Now tell me, would you still be angry?"

It was a few moments before he spoke again.

And when he did. This was his "answer".

"You can be quite frightening you know that?"

You pushed him away with a sigh.

"What do you want?"

"I need your help."

You watched him for a few seconds.

He wasn't being serious, was he?

He couldn't be.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me, right now."

As it would turn out, he was not.

***

"You're obsessed with this glowy-ass-cube. And yet you lost it?"

"I didn't... necessarily, 'lose it'-"

"Oh, so what? It got stolen from you?" you laughed, "That's so much worse! Aren't you supposed to be the 'Trickster God'? And yet someone stole from you!"