A "Good Day."

(Uploaded to Tumblr on 28/4/18)

Tony Stark x Steve Rogers

Words: 1,895.

A/N: This is part two of Mismatched Hair. But it can be read on its own. I wrote this because the people who have watched Infinity War need this, because I know I fucking did. @starsandsupernovae, here you go. This is how IW went right? This is what happened? No hurt? No pain? No destruction? Great! I'm in denial!

P.s. There are no spoilers in this. So enjoy.

***

It had started as a good day.

Started.

There were no missions, which was rare. What was rarer, however, was that the only people at the tower were, Steve, Tony, Peter, Bucky, and Bruce.

Clint was with his family. Pietro was busy ruining Vision and Wanda's day out together. Scott was with his daughter. Thor and was at the shwarma place, eating almost everything they had, as Loki watched with disgust clear on his face. Natasha was God knows where. And the rest were at their homes or didn't say where they were going.

At Noon, the day had started. The ones at the tower having a late start to the day.

Tony was making the coffee, or as he calls it, his staying alive juice. As Steve cooked breakfast.

Peter walked into the kitchen, yawning as he stretched his arms above his head. Still clad in his Ironman pyjama shirt, Captain America pyjama pants, and Spider-Man socks.

"Good morning," he said, through yet another yawn.

"Good morning? It's noon," Steve replied.

"You can talk. You woke up twenty minutes ago," Tony said, pointing to Steve with his steaming cup of black coffee.

Steve opened his mouth to reply, but nothing came out.

"Yeah, you're still in your pyjamas, too," Peter added. Gesturing to Steve's white tank top, and grey sweatpants. Then to Tony's silk pyjamas, that was obviously custom made. They looked like the Ironman suit. But used Steves, Captain Americas, red, white, and blue.

"Hey! I was defending you, kid."

"Sorry," Peter said bashfully.

Tony handed Steve his black coffee with five sugars in it, because that's the only way he can drink it. Unlike Tony, who drank it black without anything added.

"Do ya want coffee, kid?" Tony asked Peter, who was now at one of the counters stools.

"Yeah."

"How do you want it?"

"Black. Nothing added. Just like you Mr Stark."

"Okay," Tony said chuckling. He knew exactly the way he liked his coffee. Almost white, four sugars, with cream.

Steve finished making breakfast, just as Tony placed Peters coffee in front of him. It soon being joined by a stack of pancakes doused in syrup.

"Wheres Dr Banner and Bucky?" Peter asked as they sat down either side of him, digging into their own breakfasts.

"Bucky's still asleep. And Bruce is down in the lab," Steve replied. Bucky would predictably sleep the day away. And Bruce would carry on like any other day.

"I suppose you'll be joining Dr Banner, Mr Stark?" Peter asked, already knowing the answer, that Tony would indeed be spending the rest of his day down in the lab.