Spencer

I haven't talked to Avery all week. The only reason I know she's even alive Is because Garcia texted her. She won't answer anyone else. I haven't been sleeping at all. I considered calling her to help me fall asleep, but I knew she wouldn't answer me. I asked Jj if I could borrow her phone, and when I called Avery I immediately hung up on the first ring. The only time I heard from her was when she came to the hotel to get her stuff, but I was at work so she just left a note that said:

"I came over to get my stuff. I'll see you on the plane. Good luck at work"

instead of throwing it away I put the note in my bag. We finished the case, and arrested the unsub this morning which means I have to see her later. 

"Dr.Reid! What are you doing here?" A nurse said as she pulled me out of my day dream

"I came to see my mom. I was on a case, so I thought I should come say hi before I leave"

"I'm sure she's going to love this surprise, and those are beautiful flowers."

I had a bouquet of lavender flowers which were my mom, and Avery's favorite. 

"Thank you! Do you know if she's having one of her bad days?"

"She's been really good all week. What's the matter sweetheart? You look like you need someone to knock some sense into you"

"Just a hard week" I said softly 

"Relationship troubles?"

"I'd need to be in a relationship for that"

"Well Dr.Reid everything will work itself out, and if it's meant to be maybe you see them again."

"Yeah, thank you" 

she smiled at me, and then pointed to the area where my mom was sitting. She was sitting there reading one of the books I had sent her. I feel bad for putting her in a nursing home so I send her books weekly hoping it would make up for it.

"Hey mom!" I said as I took a seat next to her

"Oh my god Spencer what are you doing here?"

"We had a case in Vegas, so I came to say hi before our flight home"

my mom put her hands on my cheeks, and squeezed them.

"Oh Spencer this is a great surprise, and your hair you cut it!"

"Has it really been that long since I've seen you?"

"Yes. You need to come see me more often" 

"I'm sorry mom I've just been really busy with work, and life. I promise I'll come more"

"Good. So how's your girlfriend?"

"You know I have a girlfriend?"

"Spencer aren't you supposed to have an eidetic memory. You sent me all those letter about how you're going to ask her to move in, and that time she got hurt and you wouldn't leave her side, and all the cute dates you went on. Oh how'd she like the promise ring?"

this is defiantly not helping me feel better. I bought Avery a promise ring about 2 week ago. She was hanging out with Emily, and I went to pick her up at the mall when I saw  a ring shop. I got her the best ring I could afford. It's still in my go bag. I was going to give it to her when I asked about moving in, but then we got into a fight. 

"Sorry mom I must have forgot. I haven't been sleeping well which is something she would probably be mad about. We broke up before I could give her the ring."

"Oh no Spencer what happened? You loved her so much why'd you let her go?"

"We got into a fight over this guy-" before I could finish my mom interrupted