three

"Oh my Merlin! Sirius quit laughing! This isn't funny!" Remus honestly wanted to cry. He had never been so embarrassed in his fifteen years of life. Of course he had to be the one to pick up Celeste Miller's bra. Celeste Miller of all people. The girl everyone and their dad fancied. Everyone including Remus John Lupin.

     "C'mon Moony lighten up. I'm sure she's forgotten about it already." Sirius said as the two young men stepped into the Marauders compartment.

     "You're sure who's forgotten about what, Padfoot?" Came the voice of none other than the devil himself. James Fleamont Potter.

     Sirius smiled upon seeing his best mate and captured him in a hug despite the fact that he was with him not that long ago on the platform. James Potter gave the best hugs, there was no denying that, especially after the scene that just went down. Sirius Black unbeknownst to the other Marauders had fancied the Miller girl for a while but didn't see it going anywhere as she hadn't given him a second glance, so he never acted upon it. That was until today on the platform when she blushed at his shenanigans.

     "Well Prongs you see our Moony here touched a girls bra, and you'll never guess who's." Sirius gave his signature smirk at the thought of how Remus reacted to the whole situation. James' jaw dropped and the mousy boy who had yet to say anything whipped his head towards Remus.

     "You? You as in Remus Lupin? You as in Moony? You touched a girl's bra?" Peter was absolutely flabbergasted. His blue eyes wide with shock as he took in the redness of Remus' face.

     "Can we all just stop talking about it? It's done and over with."

     "No!" Both James and Peter shouted whilst Sirius just looked at Remus and shrugged.

     "I'll make this easy for ya Moons. He touched Celeste Miller's bra." James and Peter both went to speak but Sirius held up a hand and continued "James barreled into her on his way to see his precious Lily-flower and knocked her trunk out of her hands. Out of the kindness in our hearts, well the kindness in Moony's heart and my boredom we decided to help her. Obviously she had clothes in her trunk and Moons here just so happened to pick up her bra. It was a blue lacy number, might I add." 

     Peter's jaw fell at Sirius' comment on Celeste's choice of garment whilst James couldn't decide whether he should laugh or go apologize for inconveniencing the girl. He chose the former and patted Remus on the back.

     "Well Moony it could have been worse. You could have picked up her matching knickers." All of the boys laughed at this but Remus still looked a little crestfallen.

     "Yeah that's true. I'm just dreading the prefect meeting. I don't know why but I have this bad feeling." As soon as those words left his mouth Remus jumped up and the other three looked at him alarmed. "Shit! Shit! Shit! The prefect meeting! I'm late!" 

     Celeste looked up from her seat beside Lily Evans to see Remus Lupin panting in the doorway of the prefect's compartment. "Glad you could join us Lupin, take a seat next to Cole. We've just begun discussing the patrols." Said this year's head boy, a seventh year ravenclaw, Panth Patil. Remus just nodded and took his seat next to Aaron Cole, a fifth year hufflepuff.

     The girl couldn't take her eyes off of Remus. He looked so nervous as he pulled the sleeves of his olive green sweater over his knuckles. Celeste hoped it hadn't had anything to do with the incident from earlier. She would feel terrible if she was the reason behind the kind boy's anxious looking state. While Celeste was too busy staring off into the world that was Remus Lupin she hadn't noticed Patil was giving out Patrol Partners. 

     She only took her eyes off Remus to shift them towards Panth when he said "And finally, Lupin will be paired with Miller. Any questions? No? Got it? Good. You're dismissed."

     Celeste raced out of the compartment towards the opposite end of the train where her friends would be waiting for her before switching directions and heading to the bathrooms to change instead. Not even paying attention to who she ran into. "Sorry!" She called out but she was in too much of a rush to truly care. Only after she had changed into her uniform and trekked back down the corridor with her ravenclaw tie in hand did she finally reach her friend's compartment.

     After making sure that all of her uniform was in its proper place she opened the door and was grabbed by none other than Dorcas Meadowes. After exchanging an embrace with Dorcas, Celeste was practically tackled by the other two girls from their dormitory, Natalia Davis and Sienna Smith.

     "So how was your summer?" Natalia asked whilst patting down her defined curls. Natalia was the type of girl who knew she was pretty and flaunted it. Anyone who had her looks would. Many boys craved the attention of her honey eyes and wished to feel her dark skin under them. But truly it was the girls who caught her attention.

     "It was normal. Slow without being able to use magic, but good nonetheless. How about you guys?" Natalia had a similar summer considering she was also a muggle-born. Dorcas was a halfblood so she had a bit of an easier time sneaking in some magic but not nearly as much as she wished. Sienna on the other hand was a pureblood witch, so despite being under age she could still practice magic at home without getting caught by the ministry.

     "We have so much to catch up on." Sienna said with an excited look gracing her features. As she went to open her mouth the girl noted that she would have to hold that thought seeing as the train was slowing down. Which could only mean one thing. Sixth year has officially begun.