five

Celeste had a group of ten first years behind her as she led the way to ravenclaw tower. Upon reaching the entrance she began her explanation of how to enter. "So everyone this is it. Now I need you all to pay close attention to what I am about to say, can you do that?" A chorus of the word yes could be heard by nearby paintings. 

"Alright then, in order to enter the tower one must answer a riddle. If you get the answer wrong you will either have to wait for someone to open the door from the inside or you will be stuck until someone else can answer the next riddle. The riddle always changes and will not be repeated so make sure to listen closely the first time. I'll take this first one but after this it will be up to you."

     The girl turned to face the eagle knocker and prayed to Merlin that she would get it right. She had only ever gotten it wrong once and that was in first year. It was a fairly easy one, she had just been too busy reading over her defense textbook to comprehend it. Ever since then she has paid very careful attention to what was said by the knocker.

     "I have a head and a tail that will never meet. Having too many of me is always a treat. What am I?" Asked the eagle knocker.

     "Hmm. If I had to guess, my answer would be that you are a.. coin.

     Almost immediately after Celeste gave her answer did the door to the common room swing open. She was very thankful to not have embarrassed herself in front of the new students. "Wow.. it's so beautiful in here." Came the voice of Ryder Chang, one of the taller first year boys, little brother to the fifth year ravenclaw Cai Chang. 

     Celeste didn't blame Ryder for his awe. In fact it would have been hypocritical for her to do so considering she had the same impression of the tower upon first seeing it. Hell, she still was in awe every time she came back from summer break. She considered ravenclaw tower to be her true home and it saddened her to think she only had two years left within it. 

     "Well all I have left to say is that the stairs on the right lead to the boy's dormitory and the stairs on the left lead to the girls. Unless you have any questions I suppose this marks the end of our tour." Celeste made her way past the brown leather couches and moved towards the blue carpeted staircase that led to her dorm. "Any questions?" There were none.

     With that being said Celeste ran up the stairs in search of her dorm. She couldn't wait to see it again. It was the sixth door on the left. To the right of the door was a plaque with four names engraved on it. Natalia Davis, Dorcas Meadowes, Celestia Miller, Sienna Smith.

Upon entering her dormitory she saw chaos. The only portion of the room that had not been covered in clothes, toiletries, or books was Celeste's bed. But that was only because it had her trunk and Sienna's cat Buttons resting on top of it. 

     "We have been here for not even two hours and this dorm looks like your trunks vomited." Celeste was slightly angry but mostly amused. A small part of her knew this was going to happen. Then again it has happened every year so far and she wouldn't doubt that it will happen again next year. It's not as if the girls were slobs. They were actually all quite neat. Well, besides Sienna, but that's just because she likes to have her clothes laid out for everyone to see.

     "Oh c'mon Celeste you know we'll have it back to being pristine in no time." Dorcas said while walking out of the bathroom. She must have changed into her pajamas while Celeste was with the first years. In place of her ravenclaw robes from earlier was now a grey silk tank top with matching shorts, which complimented her dark skin perfectly. Accompanied by a messy bun on top of her head with a few stray curls sticking out. 

     "All it takes is a quick wave of a wand. Don't get your knickers in a twist Celestia."

     "Sienna so help me Merlin, if you call me Celestia one more time I will hex you." Celeste was trying very hard to sound intimidating but when going up against Sienna, it wouldn't matter. Honestly death himself could walk up to that girl and she would smirk.

     "Considering Dorcas and I don't feel like dealing with an even bigger mess, I'm gonna stop you right there. Sienna quit calling her Celestia. You know very well she doesn't like it." Natalia turned towards Celeste on the other side of the room. "Celeste there will be no hexing tonight. You will at the very least wait till morning. I need my beauty sleep. Deal?" Both Celeste and Sienna nodded, whilst Dorcas' shoulders shook with silent laughter.

     A few hours and a wave of Sienna's ebony wood wand later, one would find the four ravenclaw girls awake in their beds. Dorcas was painting her nails black, Natalia was braiding her curly hair in hopes of keeping it protected while she slept, Celeste was reading her sixth year charms textbook, and Sienna was lost in thought.

     "Merlin, I almost forgot! Celeste I thought of the perfect thing for you to do if you wanna prove that you're not a goody-goody anymore. But you have to agree before I tell you what it is."

     Celeste closed the textbook and set it on her bedside table. "Is it illegal?"

     Sienna and Natalia laughed, Dorcas just shook her head in exasperation. "No you wanker! I know I said I wanted you out of your shell, but that doesn't mean I want you in Azkaban. Just say you agree and I'll tell you, no backing out once you know though.

     "Am I going to regret this?"

     "I don't know what she has planned but we both know you probably will." Dorcas said whilst painting her left middle finger.

     "Fine, I agree."

     "Perfect. Now if you want to prove you're not a goody-goody anymore all you have to do is get Sirius Black to snog you by the end of the year."