six

Celeste woke up to Dorcas shaking her by the shoulders. "C'mon Celeste, you gotta get up. Breakfast starts at seven thirty, we've only got twenty minutes. Lia and Si are already heading down to save our seats." 

     "Go away." She mumbled. Celeste had never been a morning person, granted the night terrors that plagued her each night was a good reason not to be. But the other girls were under the impression that they had gone away and Celeste would be damned if they found out she was lying so quickly.

     "So help me Merlin, Celeste I will drag you by your hair if I have to. Now get the hell up." Dorcas was never a morning person either so she was often grouchy when waking the girl. But since third year she had been tasked with waking up Celeste. If Sienna or Natalia tried to, Celeste would punch first and talk later. Despite the aggravated tone of Dorcas' voice it was still much sweeter than that of Sienna's or Natalia's.

     Roughly five minutes later, Dorcas had finally succeeded in getting Celeste out of bed and made her way to the bathroom to do her hair. Celeste slipped out of her pajamas and into her skirt and button down shirt, along with her tie. Taking extra care to make sure it was tied straight. Dorcas came out of the bathroom with her usually messy curls split into two buns on either side of her head, a style that suited her long and slim face shape. Celeste brushed her teeth and chose to straighten her hair with a quick charm.

     "Ready to go?" Dorcas asked whilst handing Celeste her bag which held all of her textbooks.

     "Yep." Her blue eyes met Dorcas' brown ones and she grinned. 

     "Sixth year here we come."

     Natalia and Sienna were easily located by the girls and they made their way to sit down. Celeste wasn't feeling very hungry so she opted for having a buttered bagel instead of a full meal like the other three had. As she swallowed the last bite of her bagel, Professor Flitwick walked towards the group.

     "Hello ladies, having a good breakfast are we?" All of the girls nodded at their head of house. "Well that's good. I have your time tables, so here they are." He handed them to their respective owners, told them to have a nice day, and left to hand out the rest.

     The girls all swapped time tables to see what courses they shared this year. Per usual they had very similar schedules. The only time the girls were fully spit up was when Natalia had care of magical creatures, Dorcas had ancient runes and Celeste had divination during Sienna's free period. The girls were thankful to see they shared most of their courses with the gryffindor's. None of them had any problems with the hufflepuff students, but the slytherin's were a different story. Sienna was extremely happy about this arrangement because it gave Celeste more time to be with Sirius. She truly just wanted her friend to be more carefree and hoped a good snog from Black would do the trick, after all it worked for her.

     Celeste and Natalia had split off from Dorcas and Sienna after breakfast to head to their first lesson, charms. Upon arrival Professor Flitwick ushered the group that consisted of ravenclaws and slytherins into the classroom rather quickly muttering something along the lines of time is always of the essence.

     The girls chose to sit together as they usually did and both took out their sixth year charms textbooks. Celeste was quite skilled in charms as was Natalia so they figured the first lesson would be a breeze. They were correct despite the few slytherins who chose to focus on speaking badly about Natalia rather than the aguamenti charm they were supposed to be learning.

     Celeste didn't take kindly to those who spoke about her friends in a rude manner. The girl figured they would have learned their lesson the first time but it seems as though they want a round two. She was fully prepared to throw a few hexes towards Evan Rosier, Thomas Avery, and Matthew Mulciber but Natalia stopped her by saying to just ignore them. But it wasn't that simple. Natalia may be the type of girl to just sit back and take it, but Celeste most certainly was not. She may not break the rules for fun but when it comes to protecting those she loves, she would do just about anything.

     Seeing as Natalia would be angry with her for hexing the three, Celeste decided on a more creative approach. Natalia couldn't get mad at her for practicing the charm as it is what Professor Flitwick instructed them to do. He may have given them cups to fire the charm into but that doesn't mean she has to aim there. Besides if she pulled it off correctly nobody would know it was her anyway, so it's not like she would be getting in any trouble.

     Looking to her left Celeste saw that Professor Flitwick was busy instructing Alecto Carrow on the proper movement to cast the charm. Leaving her with the perfect opportunity to show those snakes that they couldn't talk about her friend like that and get away with it. Grabbing her beech wood wand and slipping it under the table and out of sight was fairly easy. The harder part would be casting it without anyone except for Natalia noticing. With a flick of her wrist and the whispered incantation the three boys were doused in water.

     "What the hell?" Questioned Avery.

     "Five points from slytherin for the vulgar language." Said Professor Flitwick just now turning towards the boys. "Oh my, I see what caused the outburst. Who did this?" He said with an exasperated sigh.

     He wasn't surprised when no one answered him.

     Flitwick did know who caused this, he didn't need to be told, it was easily something Celeste Miller would have done. He should call her out and give her detention but he wasn't exactly opposed to showing those boys not to mess with his ravenclaws. Besides he didn't have any concrete proof it was her, just his intuition. In a split second he chose to let her off easy, truthfully he always did have a soft spot for the sweet muggleborn and would hate to put her in detention on the first day.

     Noticing the time, he decided to end class a few minutes early and dismissed everyone but Celeste. After the rest of the students exited the classroom he turned towards the brunette girl and smiled.

     "Nice work, Celeste."