twenty-two

"So what are your plans for Valentines Day, Celeste?" Lily asked, whilst the two girls were walking in the corridor, side by side. "Anyone ask you out?"

     "Um," She wanted to say no but that would be a lie. She had plenty of boys and girls who had asked to spend the day with her. But neither of the boys she wanted had uttered a single word about the holiday to her. "Yeah. Quite a few people actually."

     "That's exciting, who?" The ginger girl bit her lip. "That is if you don't mind me asking."

     Celeste let out a laugh. "I don't mind." Lily nodded as her cue to continue on, so Celeste did. "Well I've been asked by three ravenclaws, two seventh year boys, and a fifth year girl, I believe her name is Pandora. Then, four seventh year hufflepuff's. Gabriel, Colin, Mark, and Andrew."

     "Whoa, I've been asked by like two boys, but you're out here being asked left and right."

     "I'm sure a lot of other people would ask you, but y'know James, he'd-"

     "Get all bloody territorial?" She raised her eyebrows almost as if she was daring Celeste to disagree with her.

     "I wouldn't say he's territorial...just persistent?" Celeste offered Lily a shrug, but the gryffindor was not amused.

     "Considering I've only been asked by two people, and I'm not saying this to be narcissistic, but I know I could get way more, if Potter would just leave me alone." She sighed.

     As if Lily saying his name summoned him, James along with the rest of the Marauder's appeared from around the corner. "Evans? What a surprise to see you here!" Celeste and the boys snickered, but the green eyed witch's glare shut them up.

     "I walk here everyday and you know this, quit acting like you don't. Cut to the chase. What is it that you want?"

     The chaser ruffled his dark hair. It looked as if he just got off his broom. Not in a good way. "Well Lily-Flower, I was just wondering if you had a date to hogsmeade for this Saturday?"

     "I don't." He smirked and went to open his mouth to deliver a reply but Lily cut him off. "And before you ask, that doesn't mean I want to go with you either. In fact, I don't. So please save us both some time and don't bother asking." With those parting words, the witch stormed off, leaving Potter and Pettigrew who was practically attached to his hip, to trail after her.

     Sirius slung his left arm around Celeste's shoulders and his right around Remus'. "Well I already know Moons is free, but what about you Celeste, do you have any special plans?" His grey eyes twinkled with amusement but Celeste didn't notice. She was too busy relishing in the warmth radiating from his toned body as he held her close.

     "Nope. I'm all free." She internally cringed at how fast her answer came out but Remus' laugh broke her concentration.

     "Really? I would've expected someone like you to have been asked plenty by now." He shook his head, sandy curls falling into his eyes in the process.

     "Someone like me?" Her dark eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

     "Someone who's funny and smart."

     "And beautiful, you can't forget that part Moons."

     Celeste was sure her face was the same shade of red as the boys ties, but if they noticed they didn't comment on it.

     "Of course."

     "What Moony is trying to say, is that we think you're beautiful, smart, and funny, as well as kind and many other amazing things. So it's surprising that you don't have a date yet."