twenty-four

"What the fu-"

     "Shut up Moony!" James whisper yelled to his friend from across the dormitory. He was standing above Peter's sleeping form, with his wand pointed at the mousy boy's head. "If he wakes up before I can get the first point of the day, I'm going to be pretty bloody pissed."

     "First point of the day? What are you talking about?"

     James whipped his head towards Remus. His already messy raven locks becoming even worse in the process. "Don't tell me you forgot what today is."

     The look on James' face was all it took for Remus to burst out into laughter. Much to James' dismay, Peter was awoken by the noise.

     "What's happenin'" He mumbled whilst running a hand down his round face.

     "What's happening? I'll tell you, Wormy! Moony decided to interrupt a perfectly good start to the annual April Fools Prank War with his obnoxious laughter!" He sent an incredulous look towards Remus. "What's so funny that you had to ruin my head start? Hm?"

     "I'm sorry mate, I just find it hilarious that you think you're getting the first point of the day."

     "Well who else is gonna? S'not Pete, s'not Padfoot, and it's certainly not you."

      Remus slapped a hand to his chest and gasped. "And what makes you say that? I've had a very productive start if I do say so myself. In fact if you would turn your attention to the lavatory you would see exactly why your wrong, Prongs." He waved a scarred hand in the direction of their personal bathroom. "3... 2... 1..."

     The door flung open and out ran Sirius. His usually aristocratic features were contorted in anger. His bare chest was heaving. He had one hand loosely gripping the towel around his waist and the other was in his hair. His usually black but now royal blue hair.

     "Whoever did this has approximately three seconds before I hex the ever living shite out of you!"

     "No way." Slipped out of James' mouth.

     "Oh Moony, you didn't." Whispered Peter.

     Remus whistled at his boyfriends new look. "You're right, Wormtail, I didn't. But I'm very impressed with the little raven who did."

     "But you said you had a productive morning?"

     "I did, I charmed all of your toothpaste to turn your teeth black." He smirked. "I like Celeste's thinking much better than mine though.

     "You mean to tell me my own girlfriend betrayed me!" Sirius' face fell but immediately broke out into a grin. "I'm so proud of her!"

     "Sirius Black! That is enough! Fifty points from gryffindor for your behavior!"

     Sirius walked out of Transfiguration with a broad grin. "So boys, what is that, thirty points for me?"

     Slinging his bag over his robe clad shoulder James replied. "Yep. You have thirty points, Moony does too. I have twenty eight, Wormtail has seventeen, and Celeste has one."

     "That's pretty pathetic if you ask me."

     "Oh sod off, Pete. At least she has the bollocks to prank Sirius. You haven't even done that yet."

     "Yeah, Wormy. At least attempt to prank me before going after my bird alright?"

     Remus shook his head at the boys on either side of him. "Pete?"

     His whole body shook from the look on the taller boy's face. "Yes, Moony?"

     "If you call Celeste pathetic one more time I'll beat your arse. Am I clear?"

     "As a crystal ball."

     The Marauder's were sat at the gryffindor table waiting for dinner to appear. They had arrived a few minutes early so that they could meet up with Celeste, but she was nowhere to be found.

     "She's alright, I'm sure of it. You guys know she can handle herself. Besides, it's not like she's never been late to meet with you before."

     "Prongs, the last time she was late, she was being harassed by snakes."

     "Like I said, she can handle herself. And if she can't, well those serpents will regret it when we get involved."

     "They always do." Peter said through a mouthful of potatoes. How he was already eating they didn't know, seeing as the food had just arrived.

     As Remus went to reply he felt something hit his hand. His eyes were quickly drawn to what was now royal blue skin. Slowly more drops of color fell upon the lanky boy. Inch by inch every bit of Remus' exposed skin became his girlfriend's favorite color.

     "For Merlin's sake." He huffed.

     Sirius slung an arm around Remus' shoulders "At least we match, love."

     "Not so pathetic now, huh, Pete?"

     "Not only is she the first girl, but the first non-Marauder, to ever participate in the annual April Fools Prank War. I was wrong, her score isn't pathetic, it's epic."