Chapter 1

Welcome!

------------------------------------------------------------ 

Iris's POV: (age 14)

I wake up to my dad yelling for us to pack our stuff. What the hell. I get up and pack all my stuff into the cases and i get changed for what is happening.

 I get up and pack all my stuff into the cases and i get changed for what is happening

My dad comes and takes my cases and tells me to leave the house. I ask why "We will be there soon" Dad says as he takes me outside. I finally see why my dad was panicking. Fire.

Just as my dad runs in the house goes up in flames. "MAMA! PAPA!" I scream as i try and run in "EDMUND!" A cop stops me from going in. "Let me go my parents, my brother!" I keep trying to get free. "NO! LET ME GO! HE PROMISED! HE PROMISED!"

"Do you have any other fa-" The cop asks before he is cut off by a woman. I just stare at my home.

"Move out the way. My brother and sister-in law live in that house" The woman says as she walks over and sees me. "Iris" The cop asks how i know her. I finally face the woman. 

"Aunt Penny" I say as i hug her

"Aunt Penny" I say as i hug her. She strokes my head as paramedic comes up and says my parents and brother did not survive. I cry.  

"A brilliant way to tell her" Aunt Penny says with a tone of annoyance, i just say 'Aunt let's not argue with people'  she nods and the cop says that i need to go to the hospital.

------------------------------------------------------------ 

Aunt Penny takes me to get a check up and a woman, who says she works for child services, comes up to us.

"I am here to take Iris Creighton-Ward to care" The woman says and i pale. "Thank you for bringing her to the hospital miss?"

"Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward. Iris Creighton-Ward's Aunt" Aunt Penny says and the woman looks like she does not believe her.

"I will be staying with my father's sister. My Aunt Penny" I say and the woman stays, saying i have to go with her. Aunt Penny calls someone and about a couple of minuets i am clear to go and a man walks in.

"Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward has full custody of her niece" The Man says as he passes a file to the woman, who quickly reads it then passes it back saying 'ok' before leaving.

"Hello Iris, I'm Andrew your father's lawyer. We met a year ago" I nod as i finally recognize him. "Sorry for your loss, Lady Penelope i wish you all the luck" Aunt Penny says thanks before taking me to her car.