It's Second Nature

Author's Note: Hello! I decided to update more due to having been sad yesterday after finding out my favorite actor, Leonard Nimoy, passed away. It's not Hobbit related, but it affected my writing and my day. This is another short chapter, but I assure I will update soon. Any grammar errors that I overlooked I am sorry, I still hope that this chapter is easy to read.

Disclaimer: I do not own The Hobbit or any of the characters or the story line! All rights go to J.R.R. Tolkien and Peter Jackson! Only character that belongs to me is Bellethiel!

Through the night I listened and watched as orcs on their wargs from across the cliff paced back and forth, watching our camp site until disappearing before the sun was supposed to rise. And while I took watch over the camp, there were still dwarves Thorin had assigned to take watch as well.

Around the time the sun was supposed to rise, gray clouds decided to move quickly to block out the sun. I noticed Bifur had begun to wake the rest of the company for he was the dwarf who was assigned the duty of keeping watch over the camp. I jumped out of my place in the tree and landed besides Gandalf, who was snoring away.

"Gandalf...it is time to get up." I called, bending down to place a hand on his shoulder, shaking him a bit.

"Is it morning already?" Gandalf questioned, waking from his sleep.

"The sun is being blocked by gray clouds...I say that it will start to rain the moment we leave." I stated, holding out my hand to help the old wizard to his feet.

While the dwarves and Bilbo ate their breakfast quietly, Gandalf and myself had started to plan our path toward The Lonely Mountains away from the ears of the company.

"We have no other choice Bellethiel...we have to head to Imladris..." Gandalf mumbled quietly.

"Is there not others who can read that map?" I questioned sadly. "I would like to avoid any place where elves call home..."

"I know of no other, aside from Lord Elrond, who will know how to read this map." Gandalf argued. "Why would you want to avoid Imladris of all places?"

"You now my reasons!" I shot back quickly, making sure the dwarves were still occupied. "There must be someone on Middle-Earth that can read that map, aside from taking that map to Lord Elrond. And even if I wanted to go, would Thorin go willingly seek advice from elves?"

"I see no other way Bellethiel, if we cannot read this map and find that door, then well will have ventured for nothing." Gandalf stated. "You want to help these dwarves, I can see it, and the only way is by going to Lord Elrond. Have him read the map so they can reclaim their homeland."

"Gandalf!"

Both of us looked toward the company and noticed that during our quiet conversation, the company had packed up camp and saddled their ponies, mounted and ready to depart.

"Let us leave!" Thorin commanded, urging his pony forward.

I untied Beinion and lifted myself up with ease, prepared to ride along side Bilbo for this part of the journey.

"If we can avoid it Gandalf, I would avoid it." I mumbled before following him on the path. "And if it is the only way...then so be it."

As we started to move on, drops of rain had started to fall from the sky, proving my assumption correct. And what started as a merry trot by the dwarves, their spirits high with laughter filling the air, soon took a turn for the worse as the rain had started to fall heavily in large drops.

All of us rode in silence, myself beside Bilbo, our spirits dwindling and our tolerance level lessening as some of the older dwarves becoming irritable.