An Illusion

Author's Note: Hello lovely Hobbit Fans! I'm not very proud of this chapter, but I tried my very best and I hope you enjoy it. Some cheeky little Bellethiel here, but I hope you don't mind haha. It is a bit long I suppose...if there are any grammar errors that I have overlooked, please forgive me and I hope that does not put you off on enjoying this chapter!

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from the Hobbit, any names/characters/places on Middle Earth! Anything you recognize from the book belongs to J.R.R. Tolkien and anything from the movie belongs to Peter Jackson! Only characters I own are Bellethiel, Anameleth, and Voronwë.

I've posted this early in the morning so I'm a bit out of it, and I will be sure to re-read and fix any mistakes when I get home after work ^^ forgive me my friends! Happy reading and I hope you enjoy!

(Bilbo's P.O.V)

'Bad...this is very bad.' I thought, struggling in this sack we were forced into. 'And what is that gosh awful smell!'

"Blasted elf...ran away like a scared little pup with its tail tucked between her legs." Gloin grumbled angrily from beside me.

'Bellethiel?' I thought, craning my neck to look around, and when I took notice that Belle was not among us I felt ashamed. 'She would not desert us...would she?'

"They should be sautéed and grilled with a sprinkle of sage." Bert said, poking at one of our companions attached to the spit over the fire.

"Is this really necessary?" Dori called out.

"Ooh, that does sound quite nice." William agreed, as he watched the dwarves on the spit turn, licking his lips hungrily.

'If we do not think of something soon...we will be dinner for sure!' I panicked, struggling harder from where I sat.

"Never mind the seasoning; we ain't got all night! Dawn ain't far away, so lets get a move on. I don't fancy being turned to stone." Tom yelled out in anger, assisting in spinning the spit.

'That's it!' I thought, looking to the sky and back at our situation. 'Day light!'

"Wait!" I called from my spot. "You're making a terrible mistake.

"You can't reason with them, they're half-wits." Dori yelled.

"Half-wits? What does that make us?" Bofur cried out a bit irritable.

I struggled to get to my feet, hopping due to the restriction of the disgusting sack.

"Uh, I meant with the, uh, with, uh, with the seasoning." I stuttered, looking up to the three trolls.

"What about the seasoning?" Bert, the cook, challenged. Taking intimidating steps forward in my direction.

"Well have you smelt them? You're going to need something stronger than sage before you plate this lot up." I urged, motioning toward the group of dwarves.

"Traitor!" Thorin called out as more of the company started to yell angrily at me, thinking I was trying to save my own hide as I hopped further forward toward Bert.

"What do you know about cooking dwarf?" Tom grumbled, rolling his eyes at me.

"Shut up, and let the, uh, flurgaburburrahobbit talk." Bert defended, now fully catching his curiosity as he leaned closer to me.

"Uh, the—the secret to cooking dwarf is, um-" I said, stuttering and a bit dumbstruck with trying to find an excuse just to play for time.

"Yes? Come on." Bert urged in anticipation.