I Will Not Let You Fall

Author's Note: Hello Hobbit Fans! So, I was debating if I should upload this chapter or not...I just got into a heartbreaking talk with my bf, and I'm not sure what's going to happen. I felt like not doing anything, not even uploading this chapter as the special two day thing...but then I remembered that I said I would so here I am. Trying to smile through the pain. =) I thank everyone for such a lovely response and comments! Amazing!

Disclaimer: I do not own The Hobbit, all rights belong to J.R.R. Tolkien and Peter Jackson. Anything you recognize from the books or movies belong to those two wonderful men who bought Middle Earth to life. Any grammar errors you recognize please forgive me...I was not able to catch very much due to such recent events that had popped up. I thank you everyone who has given my story a chance and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

I had to really try and get into the mind of Thorin, or at least try to become a person who is mad and just sick with greed and just put myself in his shoes and this is what I came up with. It's a semi short chapter, but I think it was absolutely necessary. What do you think? Enjoy reading guys!

(Thorin's P.O.V)

'The birthright of my people...my birthright...this gold...' I thought to myself, sitting comfortably on the throne my grandfather once sat upon. 'Fortify...we need to...how...to protect the treasure...from those greedy men and those elves...'

I gritted my teeth, tense and irritated...and I slouched further on the throne, my eyes glaring at the ground in front of me.

'Mine...the gold in this mountain...is mine...' I thought to myself. 'I will never part...with a single coin...'

Footsteps approaching the throne bought me out of my thoughts and I looked up to see Dwalin marching toward me.

"Since when do we forsake our own people? Thorin," Dwalin questioned, walking up the steps toward the throne. "they are dying out there."

A sudden thought came to me, a realization, and I sat forward in my chair.

"There are halls beneath halls within this mountain. Places we can fortify," I spoke. "shore up, make safe. Yes." I spoke quickly, pushing myself off of the throne and made my way toward Dwalin. "Yes, that is it."

I looked around, glancing in all directions at the halls beneath this throne...perfect places to hide the gold in this mountain...this gold...

"We must move the gold further underground to safety." I spoke urgently, pivoting around and heading down one of the bridges behind me.

"Did ya not hear me!" Dwalin yelled, causing me to stop in my tracks, and I slowly turned to face my old friend. "Dain is surrounded. They're being slaughtered, Thorin. We've been watching and we've lost track of Belle...she's nowhere on the field."

'Traitor...' I thought suddenly before taking a glance around the throne room.

"Many die in war." I spoke out, turning my head to slowly glance back at Dwalin. The more I spoke, my voice cracked a little. "Life is cheap. But a treasure such as this cannot be counted in lives lost."

'He doesn't understand...no one does.' I thought, my gaze turning hard.

"It is worth all the blood we can spend." I spat out as Dwalin stared right back at me, before scoffing.

"You sit here in these vast halls with a crown upon your head" Dwalin spoke out, smirking a little and scoffing once more. "and yet you are lesser now than you have ever been."

'How dare he...' I thought a bit sadly, feeling betrayed yet again...hurt.

"Do not speak to me...as if I were some lowly dwarf lord...as if I were still..." I spoke out, taking slow steps back. I placed a hand over my eyes, my voice quivering. "Thorin Oakenshield."