Too Far Gone

Author's Note: Hello Hobbit Fans! So I'm updating a bit early because well...my dad's on a trip for two weeks and I'm on Spring Break. I hope I didn't lose your guys interest. So, I updated early then expected to see how this chapter will do with the viewers. Thank you everyone who followed, favorite, vote and commented, and especially ithilwenoakenleaf for commenting so much! And thank you everyone who took their time and gave my story a chance!

Disclaimer: I do not own The Hobbit! All rights belong to J.R.R. Tolkien and Peter Jackson! Anything you notice from the book or from the movie all belongs to those wonderful men who bought Middle Earth to life! Any grammar errors that you see that I have overlooked then I apologize in advance. I do hope that this chapter is easy to read even with the grammar errors! Enjoy reading everyone!

“Nana....”

“Hm...?” I questioned turning behind to look to Beriohtarion.

“What are we doing here Nana...?” Beriohtarion questioned, coming to stand beside me on one of the many piles of gold.

“Thorin had asked for us to join in the search for the Arkenstone.” I stated plainly.

“A stone that is probably not here...” Beriohtarion stated as Balamaethor and Thenidiel searched at the bottom of the pile we stood upon. “He is working everyone to exhaustion Nana...you must speak to Thorin.”

“I have already tried that Beriohtarion, it was not successful...” I mumbled quietly thinking back to the day.

A little after the stone gate was completed, Thorin had ordered for the company to return back to the treasure room and continue their search for the Arkenstone. I had stepped forward and told Thorin that the company needed their rest. Thorin and I got into a slight argument soon after, causing a tense scene in front of the company. He stated that it wasn't my place to call out orders and the company went straight to following his command. We parted on bad terms which upset me greatly.

“Thorin is slowly going mad...” Beriohtarion commented, kicking around pieces of gold beneath his feet. “What's so good about this blasted gold, I see nothing special about such shiny things....”

“Thorin is still in there, it is this mountain that is having its affect on him....” I mumbled.

"He made a scene in front of the company! He spoke to you as if you were a lowly elf maid!" Beriohtarion grumbled. "How can you be so sure that the Thorin we met in Rivendell is still in there!"

“Because I have seen in Beriohtarion...” I sighed, starting to get a bit irritated at having to repeat myself. “I have to find a way to bring him out of this...”

“And if there is no way?” Beriohtarion grumbled.

“There is a way.” I stated plainly, turning to walk way to search in a different pile of gold, ending our conversation.

(Bard's P.O.V)

Many were injured, many were starving, children were crying...there wasn't enough food to go around. These people looked to me to lead them and I think leading them to Dale was the smartest way to go. I went around the area of Dale and checked on the survivors of Lake-Town.