Spinning Time

It has been about a week since Itona joined our class. We all sit in class listening to Korosensei talk.

"Well, that just about does it boys and girls, see you tomorrow." Korosensei waves us goodbye and opens the window. "Payday today at long last so I'll be treating myself to some mouthwatering Shanghai crab. Bye!" Korosensei says before bursting out of the classroom.

"You could treat us to some!" Kataoka yells after him and Maehara sighs.

"Is it me or has our work load gotten crazy hard now that it's second term?" Maehara asks.

"Yeah, well you can't exactly blame Korosensei for trying to get our grades up." Nagisa says.

"I guess not. It's just that it had been forever since I picked up a chick." Maehara says, sighing again and resting his head on his desk. Maybe he'd have better luck if he wasn't such a scumbag. My classmates shuffle around the room, gathering their belongings and preparing to walk down the mountain.

"Hey Itona, you sticking around?" Nagisa asks as he and Maehara approach the golden-eyes boy who looks like he's tinkering on something.

"What're you working on?" I ask, going over to stand by Nagisa and Maehara.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm building a remote control tank." He answers.

"How come?" Nagisa asks.

"The octopus. He made me cram all day yesterday. Stressed me out. I'm pissed, so I'm going to use this to kill him." Itona explains and Nagisa laughs nervously. "It's like the idiot said. What's his name, Terasaka?"

"Huh?" Terasaka grumbles from a desk over.

"If I fail a hundred times, so be it. Who cares. Only gotta kill the task master once." Itona says, not looking up from his tank.

"Good way of looking at it." Nagisa says.

"Wow. This stuff... it's like stupid high tech." Maehara observes.

"It looks cool. I've learned about a lot of things through reading but I never really delved very deep into technology stuff like that. Do you think you could teach me about it sometime? It seems like it would be something that's better to learn from an actual person than paper." I ask after a lot of internal debating. It's okay if he says no, that's the worst he could say, right? What if he thinks I'm stupid for not knowing about this kind of stuff? What if-

"Sure. I'm going to stay here a bit longer to work on it, so I won't stop you if you want to watch." He says.

"Really? Then I think I will." I say. Soon enough, all the boys in the class gather around as well, with the exception of my best friend, Karma.

"I mean, is it even for real?" Sugino asks.

"Kudos. This puppy's using modified camera phone parts." Takebayashi says, examining the camera on the barrel of the tank gun.

"Wow Itona. You came up with all these tweaks yourself?" Isogai asks.

"It's not really a big deal. I picked up electronics working for my old man. Anybody could do this stuff, except Terasaka." Itona says, starting intently at the insides of his tank while Terasaka growls. Itona puts the tank back together and sets it on the ground. It takes off around the classroom, being controlled by the controller in Itona's hands before he directs it in front of where he had previously set up empty soda cans for target practice. Squinting at the screen, he aims and shoots the cans like you would in a video game, the anti-sensei BBs all hiring their marks.

"Wow..."

"Are you kidding me? That thing hardly makes a sound, when it moves or when it shoots." Sugaya says, looking thoroughly impressed.