Happy Birthday Time

A/n
Hello, and thank you for 2k+ reads and 160+ votes! I am going camping over the weekend and I know I won't be able to post a chapter while I'm there, but I'm coming back on Sunday so the chapter will just be posted a lot later in the day than usual. Here's today's chapter :)

"Okay then everybody, moment of truth. Our final mission." Isogai says as soon as we all meet up, sporting our assassin gear and serious looks on our faces. Once Isogai is done, Itona tugs at my hand.

"Be careful out there." He says seriously, looking into my eyes.

"You too." I say with a small smile before turning to get to my designated area only for Itona to pull me back to him, locking me in a tight embrace. After the initial moment of shock, I wrap my arms around him, rubbing his back with my hand. He pulls back slightly, resting his forehead against mine.

"Im serious. Don't let anything happen to you... I love you." He says. I freeze. Did he just..?

"I love you too, Itona." I say before pulling him in for a short and sweet kiss before we take off into the forest, past the police line and into military territory, catching up with our classmates. Soon enough, we hear clicks of guns.

"It's more than one! Ahhh!" A man screams, wildly flinging his gun around.

"You'd think that they'd be better trained for this kind of situation." I mutter as I hop into a tree, settling in next to Hayami and Chiba, ready for our part in this. Not too long after, a squad passes beneath us.

"We lost com with D squad. These sons of bitches are the real deal, stay alert." The one in charge says.

"Yes sir." His comrades respond before me, Hayami, and Chiba pelt them with tranquilizer darts.

"What the hell? We've got a sniper, out position has been compromised! Send in reinforcements!" The only man left screams, running away from us, only for Hara to jump on top of him with a satisfied smirk as a crunching sound is heard from the man.

"Uh, okay. That didn't really sound so good for him." Hayami comments while Chiba hums in agreement.

"He's fine. No, honest. All I did was wrap him up." Hara responds.

"This squad's been neutralized. We're good." I report on the com.

"Nice." Karma responds.

"How are things by you?" I ask.

"Hmm? At the moment..." Karma trails off and I hear a man screaming.

"Ahhhh! My sinuses are on fire!" His cries sound from my com.

"Not the wasabi and hot sauce again." I groan.

"Actually, this time I used jalapeños and hot mustard." Karma responds and I face palm.

"Okay, whatever. I'll let you know if anything happens. See you later." I say with a sigh.

"Yep." Karma confirms before the line goes quiet. A bit later, another man enters our sights, Terasaka, Yoshida, and Muramatsu showing up a moment later.

"Guess there's still a few of you jokers still left." Terasaka huffs.

"Not bad kids, you caught us with our pants down. I'd say you've got this neck of the woods down better than we do if it weren't so obvious-" The man is cut off as me and the two other snipers shoot at him with our tranquilizer darts, narrowly missing his neck, the darts sticking out of his uniform instead. The man looks down and pulls them out, holding the capsule in his gloved hand. Crap. "Really? Stun darts? The thing is, once you know what you're up against, a turn of the tables ain't nothing." The man says, dramatically pulling off his over shirt, now sporting a plain black t-shirt instead of his camouflaged uniform top. Terasaka and his friends rush towards the man, throwing blows, only for them to be blocked. Suddenly, Karma flies out of the trees and hoping the hand to hand combat, the man blocking and swinging at Karma with a gun. The man hits Karma, sending him rolling backwards. Ouch.