4.Don't Cry

"A-Ling, wine?"

Wei WuXian asked Jin Ling as soon as he sat on the bed. Lan Sizhui went to pour some water while Lan Jingyi and Ouyang Zizhen tried to remove Wei WuXian's shoes.

Wei WuXian looked at Jin Ling with furrowed eyebrows when he did not get a reply. Dejected he sat on the bed obediently while the boys fussed over his shoes and outer robes. Jin Ling looked at his uncle, who was looking at him just like a small child asking for his lost toy. He looked away from Wei WuXian and did not answer.

"A-Ling?"

Wei WuXian called his nephew, slowly tugging on his sleeve with both hands looking like he was about to cry. Jin Ling panicked and quickly sat down next to Wei WuXian.

"Wine will come soon."

"Promise?"

Wei WuXian asked Jin Ling with scrunched up face. He held Jin Ling's sleeve tightly not wanting him to leave because his family always left him behind. He did not want another person to leave, so many had already left without him, leaving him alone here. Jin Ling rolled his eyes without knowing what his uncle was thinking.

"Yes yes promise."

Lan Sizhui came back with water for Wei WuXian. Wei WuXian was just staring down at his own lap while he held tightly onto Jin Ling not wanting to leave him out of sight. Lan Sizhui called him and tried to give Wei WuXian the cup but he was not responding. Jin Ling took the cup from Lan Sizhui.

"Drink this."

Jin Ling forcefully shoved the cup into Wei WuXian's hand. Wei WuXian took the cup from Jin Ling and smiled at him. The four boys frowned seeing that smile and Ouyang Zizhen was already crying on the floor. Wei WuXian drank the water in one gulp, then he whined pulling on Jin Ling's robes.

"It's not wiiinneee A-Ling!!!"

Jin Ling was going to make up some more lies when he saw tears running down Wei WuXian's cheeks. His eyes went wide as he stared at his uncle in shock. Ouyang Zizhen shot up from the floor hearing the sniffles while Lan Jingyi called loudly.

"Wei-Qianbei!!"

"What the hell?"

Jin Ling exclaimed when Wei WuXian started sobbing uncontrolled, clutching onto Jin Ling like his life depended on him. The four boys panicked seeing Wei WuXian cry, real crying. Jin Ling tried to pat his uncle's shoulders awkwardly. He looked for help but all the others were too shocked to move.

"He's crying. What do we do?"

Ouyang Zizhen asked shaking Lan Sizhui out of his daze. Lan Sizhui sat on the bed, to Wei WuXian's right. He rubbed Wei WuXian's back and asked softly.

"Wei-Qianbei, what is it? Are you hurt?"

Wei WuXian looked up to meet Lan Sizhui's eyes. He let go of Jin Ling and wiped his tears with his sleeves but new ones kept on falling. Wei WuXian clutched his chest with both hands and sobbed.

" Hurt. 'urt .
So much hurt hereeee~"

"His heart?"

Lan Jingyi asked sitting down by Wei WuXian's legs on the floor after his initial shock was over. Wei WuXian nodded at Lan Jingyi and cried more. Lan Sizhui hugged him from the side to comfort him but Wei WuXian continued to cry onto his shoulders. Ouyang Zizhen was now a crying mess sitting on the floor while Lan Jingyi had started crying with him.

"Ca-can't celebrate with 'an Zhan 'cause of the 'uleeessss."

Wei WuXian said between broken sobs. Jin Ling looked confused at Wei WuXian's words. He turned to Lan Sizhui. Lan Sizhui wiped his own tears with his handkerchief and said.