9.Fathers

"..........."

Wei WuXian's face was blank as he blinked at his son! and for the first time, his mouth forgot to function. He wanted to yell and scream but he did not know what to say. The boys held their laughter in, trying to give Wei WuXian some time to process. Lan Sizhui held himself still waiting for a response.

The entire Lanshi was silent too, Lan Sizhui's words seemed to echo in the room. Wei WuXian stared at the person in front of him who just claimed to be his son, his son! His face was once again turning a shade of red as the entire room broke out in murmurs and whispers.

Jiang Wanyin was yelling loudly about something, while Nie Huisang was calling Wei WuXian's name over and over again, but it felt far away. Lan Qiren was shouting rules and Lan Xichen was trying to calm his uncle. Wei WuXian had better things to worry about than respond to those people, so he stared at his son! He looked at his son's face carefully once again.

"Haha! I-I gave birth to you!??"

Wei WuXian stuttered out the first sentence that came to him, trying to make it a joke but failing miserably, because of his wide eyes and bright red face. Lan Jingyi could not hold in the laughter any longer, he burst out laughing, scaring everyone in the room including the perfectly composed Lans. The disciples jumped at the sudden sound. Ouyang Zizhen joined him in laughing, everyone took few more steps away from the boys and Wei WuXian.

"That's what I have been told!"

Lan Sizhui said happily, with a smile. Another round of murmurs broke out in the room, more loudly this time. Jiang Wanyin had enough, so he pulled Wei WuXian away from the boys and pushed him behind himself. He glared at the strangers holding Sandu in front of him. Seeing this, the boys looked at each other and then laughed some more. They kept looking at Wei WuXian who was trying to escape from his brother's hold as he screamed.

"I- I HAVE!!! I HAVE A SON?! A SON!?"

Wei WuXian continued to struggle in Jiang Wanyin's arms. Hearing his loud voice, Lan Qiren started yelling once again about decorum and the room was plunged into utter chaos. Disciples scrambling away, yelling at each other and making guesses about the strangers. Wei WuXian's face was red, looking breathless but there was a big smile on his face, so bright that the boys smiled along with him.

"Everyones freaking out."

Lan Jingyi said very gleefully, clapping his hands. Ouyang Zizhen patted his friend's shoulder who was struggling to breathe from too much laughter. This was a dream just for the four of them, so of course they had planned to make some trouble for enjoyment. They did not need to worry about offending anyone or breaking the rules in a dream.

Smiling a little at the chaos they had created, Jin Ling made a few more picture and handed them to Ouyang Zizhen to hold. Lan Wangji continued to sneak peek at the drawings, while tactically ignoring all the commands from his uncle, to move away from the strangers.

"I HAVE SUCH A HANDSOME SON!!!"

Wei WuXian exclaimed, finally wiggling out away from Jiang Wanyin and Nie Huisang. Jiang Wanyin punched Wei WuXian on the ribs with full force and Wei WuXian winced. At this, the boys' laughter came to a full stop, and the four of them frowned at the two boys in purple. Seeing their expression becoming grim all of a sudden, the entire room quieted down instantly, it was complete silence in Lanshi.

"Don't hurt Wei-Qianbei!"

Lan Jingyi glared at Jiang Wanyin, then he grabbed Wei WuXian by his hands and forcefully pulled him away from the future sect leader. Wei WuXian just shrugged, smiling and skipped closer to Lan Sizhui. Jiang Wanyin was stunned for a second before yelling once again but was soon quieted down after hearing Lan Qiren yelling rules. Jiang Wanyin took a deep breath and hissed.