CHAPTER 18

I check my watch. 5:45 AM. I set the note quietly on the nightstand, next to a sleeping Jungwon. I smile before pulling the blanket higher around him, walking out of the hotel room. As I get in the elevator and go to the ground floor, I text Soo-Ri.

older sister <3
are you on your way to the train station

younger sister <3
yes, ^~^ did you sleep well?

jungwon told me you didn't feel good

older sister <3
I'm fine, just a case of crush problems

younger sister <3
2 bad I can't help...

don't worry sis, you'll figure it out! ^0^

older sister <3
thanks. <3 :)

I close my phone as the elevator stops, the doors opening to reveal Geonu. I look at him with a blank stare, moving out of the way. We are one floor away from the ground floor when he strikes a conversation. "Where are you going at 5:45 in the morning? Checking out for everyone?"

"Yes," I respond dryly, putting my phone in my back pocket. "I'm leaving before everyone else today, I have things to do in Namyangju—and it's a long ride."

"Not too long—I think you have an ulterior motive," Geonu shoves his hands in his pockets, staring my way. "Is it something about the guys?"

"You're just as smart as Jungwon, it seems," I reply, settling my luggage down. "In fact, it is. I don't want to face them—so I'm checking out for them and leaving."

"Smart," He replies, sighing. "Will... you ever come back to visit Seoul—more importantly, me?"

"Probably," I smile, looking his way. "While you are quite flirtatious, I can converse with you the calmest—and maybe it's because you understand."

"I take that as a fair compliment, thank you," He chuckles, the elevator stopping on the ground floor. We step out, turning each other's way in front of the closing elevator. Suddenly, he pushes out his hand, beckoning to shake. "I look forward to seeing you again, Jae Iseul—maybe by then, you have decided what fate you follow."

I chuckle before shaking his hand as well, looking up proudly at him. "Hopefully I will see you again as well, Lee Geonu. By then, maybe you would have calmed down and finally debuted as an idol." We both share one last laugh before he and I go separate ways—him going to the back of the hotel while I stroll carefully to the front. It was good talking to him.

Getting on the bus to the train station, I hesitate to pick a playlist. There sits Jake's playlist—and for the first time, I don't listen to it. I guess a crush shouldn't last this long. So, switching to my own playlist, I set my phone down, resting my eyes before I'm off to the station—and off to Namyangju.

Yawning, I get off the train, headphones around my neck. "Iseul~" I suddenly hear, causing me to look to my right. There, Soo-Ri jumps onto me as I stumble, widening my eyes as mom chuckles. My mom is a kind soul—and knowing that Soo-Ri's probably her favorite, she doesn't help me. I hug her back, however, and make sure she's safely back on the ground. "How was Seoul?"

"It was fun. How was visiting grandma?" I ask, putting my headphones in my bag. "Did she want to relay any message to me?"

"Your grandma wanted to give you this for Christmas," Mom intervenes, a small, wrapped present in her hands. "I'm not sure what it is, nor will I ask—but you can open it later. For now, let's take you home and get you situated—your father is waiting for you at home." I nod, grinning as we converse on the way home.