CHAPTER 33

(LONG CHAPTER INCOMING, JUNGWON'S CHAPTER)

I immediately speed back home, slamming the door closed as I run into my house. Soo-Ri's already inside, trying to stop Jungwon from moving away. "Jungwon," I whisper from the doorway, seeing his head immediately tilt up.

He gulps, pressing his lips together as he can't seem to gaze back at me. "Jungwon, look at me, please," I beg, watching as he stops moving the box.

"How long... have you know about it, Iseul?" He asks calmly, putting his things down. "And when did he tell them?"

"I have no answer to the second—but I certainly have one for the first," I reply easily, beckoning to the couch. "Can we... sit down first?" He nods in understand, all three of us sitting together. I sit in front of the two as Soo-Ri swears to keep her mouth shut, the boy looking at his knees—stiff.

"Well, I found out at the winter party—you know, the one he hosted back in December," I sigh, rubbing my kneecaps. I was nervous. "He told me it all in his room. Stuff about Moon Ji-Hun, the small details about what happened with anyone. If I had known anymore, I think I'd burst. The only reason I couldn't tell you because I had hoped that one day, Heeseung would be able to tell you himself."

"Yeah, like that would ever happen..." Jungwon chuckles, shaking his head. "Hyung isn't the type to confront. I just... wish he had told me—even if it was his fault. Maybe I'd have more time to explain myself, more time to be in the band, too..."

"Why are you all disbanding? Who decided it—"

"I did," Jungwon whispers, clearing his throat. "We all had mixed opinions. The administrators gave us time to talk it out—and everyone didn't want us to disband. However, knowing what the future may bring for us, it was best that we stopped now before things got worse."

"Did you want to disband that badly?"

"Of course not... but we can't fix this type of pain that easily. It'd take weeks for us to decide things, and—"

"Then let me do it," I interrupt, clearing my throat. "Considering everyone has dispersed places, I'll chase after them and convince them. It's my fault after all."

"Are you sure?" He asks, making me nod. "It's hard to convince them, especially Sunoo at this time—"

"I'll do it no matter what," I reply, sighing. "The last thing I want is for the group I love the most to break down into pieces of shattered glass. As their leader, I know you wouldn't want the same."

He nods, sighing. He wears a fake smile, tears welling in his eyes. He turns to Soo-Ri, who looks at him. "Could I talk with your sister... alone?"

She nods instantly, running off to her room. He turns back to me, gulping. "Iseul... thanks for giving me all this information. I know you promised to keep the secret and stuff, but I appreciate you telling me this."

"Jungwon, you don't have to put up a cold front—I know it hurts," I lean forward, seeing his head fall. "Your parents have never approved of it. Hell, to even find this out is going to hurt."

"Of course it will, Iseul! I'm not superman," He chuckles as I take a seat next to him, listening close. "I just wish... I could've done more as the leader of the group, you know? I feel like crap knowing I couldn't influence their decision of staying together at the end." His head falls onto my shoulder as I continue to listen, not saying anything.

Tears fall down his face as he continues to wipe them, sniffling. "It's like that no matter what, my parents will never believe in me. I've always wanted to have a life of my own—my own influence that doesn't depend on theirs. Of course, they just want the money and the power, and all I'm left with are two high-demanding jobs that I have no passion in."