CHAPTER 30

"Wake up!"

"No!" I groan, turning away from him in the sheets. He shakes me quickly, causing me to growl as I slap his hands off. "Stop it! It's only like... eight in the morning!"

"False—it's nine," Heeseung chuckles, checking his phone on the nightstand. "You need to go touch some grass and breathe air—so, get up and change."

"Heeseung~" I whine, feeling him move. I quickly grab his hand, an eye peeking out from the covers as I see him staring. "Just fifteen~ more minutes, please?!"

"Are you saying for me to stay with you or for you to sleep for fifteen more minutes?" He questions, causing me to freeze up. "Choose wisely, Jae Iseul—one can either give you minutes or give you less."

"...Both?" I hesitate, clearing my throat. He raises an eyebrow, ruffling back his hair. "C'mon, Heeseung, please~"

"Fine," He humphs, making me giggle as I rollover. Heeseung gets in the bed, pulling me by my hand closer to him. I instantly spin back around, feeling his arms wrap around me. "Go to sleep, I'll wake you up in fifteen minutes."

"You know you want to sleep too~" I coo, snuggling closer. He smelled so nice. Someone, please ask him what his perfume is. "It's okay, we can sleep in and still enjoy our day later. Besides, I don't need to go out all the time."

"I'll only oblige because you'd want me to," He sighs, getting back under the covers and pulling me closer. I wrap my arms around his tall physique, feeling his chin on top of my head. He shifts slightly before pulling the covers higher over us, my eyes closing softly.

It's good that I don't want to be just friends with him anymore... considering that we are in this situation, cuddling and being cute, but nobody mentions it. I know I'll get pestered by that idiot Jungwon when I get home—so I might as well enjoy the time this weekend.

Speaking of which, how does one even confess to a guy? I think I've been so consumed by Jake Sim, I haven't even confessed to a guy all my life. I mean, there were instances where I'd have a small crush, but none were as big as Jake's or Heeseung's.

I should've seen it coming—all my dodging, all my uncertainty—it was clear that I was going to fall for Heeseung eventually. I just kept telling myself that I was in love with Jake to keep my distance. Now, I'm certain that my heart is set on Heeseung.

However, Sunghoon was never a bad candidate—I know he was patient. It just felt pressurizing to know that if he liked me, he'd wait even longer for an answer. I know he was like that yesterday because he's expected me all his life. Hopefully, he will find someone that won't make him wait any longer than I have—and he'll spend it well with her.

He's always been my best friend, no matter what. He'll always stay being one.

I've just... never thought about him the way he did with me. I see why he talked about Jake like that—because we used to share the same problem.

One day, we will have the same problem again—except, he will have someone to reciprocate those feelings with.

And for me... I hope my problems only end with a "happy ending...", but I know that with Ji-Hun—with people who care more about Mr. Socialite than seeing through Heeseung as someone average—that will never happen without trying.

Finally, we decide to get up after his constant attempts to wake me up—and I solemnly listen. We get dressed after he tries to take away my toothbrush, running out and walking to the mall not far from here.

Heeseung trails behind me as we venture through the mall, both of us looking for things that we want. Suddenly, my eyes sparkle as I spot a necklace just as identical to the one Sunghoon bought me—and I have an idea.